engine fell under water

gcddarren

Reaction
my preasure washer was on full throttle and fell in the deep end of the pool. now it wont start. i drained the oil and gas. still gets spark. any suggestions what else to do?

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
did you take the plug out and flip the washer upside down? try doing this and if its pull start, pull on it a few times to try and clear water out. If it doesn't budge, don't force it or you could really screw it up inside.

take the carb off and clean it out, and airfilter if there is one. blow air into the crevices such as spark plug area.

and you said you changed the oil and gas. If you get it running again check oil again for water and change as needed.

racer56

Reaction
I bet you hydraulic the motor and bent the con rod.

Captain Air Time

Reaction
my preasure washer was on full throttle and fell in the deep end of the pool. now it wont start. i drained the oil and gas. still gets spark. any suggestions what else to do?
If it still gets spark, I assume it is turning over freely. Ever tried breathing through a dirty wet sponge? I haven't but my guess is that NO air goes through the air filter. cycle upside down with the plug out as suggested to be sure the cylinder is empty. make sure the exhaust is drained too!