Engine / Underside LED's

idealer

Reaction
What type of lighting do you use to light up your engine area and undercarriages on a race vehicle?

racer56

Reaction
Flashlight!:)

07FJRog

Reaction
vision-X pods

steveG

Reaction
Headlamps (your head, not the car). They put the light where you're working instead of from one angle. The light you posted is cool too.

Bajades

Reaction
Here is a Soltek/Baja Designs switched dome light that uses a single 90 lumen 360 degree LED. It can be used as a dome or work light. It can be panel mounted or tube mounted with an optional tube adapter. Small and very bright. One is plenty to light up the cab in a two seat car.

It is also available in a standard remote-switched version.

steveG

Reaction
How much are those? Are they waterproof? Weatherproof?

Bajades

Reaction
How much are those? Are they waterproof? Weatherproof?
They are fully waterproof, but I don't recommend them for scuba diving. Tested fine at Parker, however!:eek:

$66.95 for switched version, $44.95 unswitched

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eboXRA1qL84"]YouTube - Parker 425, Man Over Board[/ame]

Sparky

Reaction
Rigid Industries -

BSchlimme

Reaction
I use these...
Size: 1.75" diam 0.5" height
Weight: 1.8oz

Material 6061-T651 Per QQ-A-200/8
Anodizing Hard Anodizing per MIL-A-8625 Type III Class 2

Consumption: 0.2 amps 13.2 volts 2.64 watts
111 lumen, 120 degree pattern

They mount from the backside with 2 stainless 12-24 screws or in my case I used some of the high tack double sided tape and stuck them to my roof panel.

Also have one facing forward from my center console to illuminate the underside of the dash. Will be sticking one to illuminate the engine compartment as well.

Huge amount of light output!!

Attachments

randy s

Reaction
i agree with both the "head" lamps that you wear and the fred flintstone method. puts the light where the work is. there are some really powerful "head" lamps out there now.

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction
Vision X Tantrum sets- can't beat the price. $120 for 8 lights, with a controller.

http://shop.motorsportsquared.com/product.sc?productId=46&categoryId=11
"Another feature for the recreational user is its built in microphone for interfacing a vehicle's stereo system to control the tempo of the lights."

There's what ya need! hahahaha

I tried a couple of those and the light was so poor never even mounted them. Not any brighter then the 1157 bulb light I had.

Maybe they have improved the LED's since I bought these but they ended up in the trash.
Dude next time your throwing $120 worth of stuff in the trash can I have it? :D

BSchlimme

Reaction
"Another feature for the recreational user is its built in microphone for interfacing a vehicle's stereo system to control the tempo of the lights."

There's what ya need! hahahaha

Dude next time your throwing $120 worth of stuff in the trash can I have it? :D
S**t if I new they had a system to interface with a stereo I don't have in my pre-runner to control the temp of the lights that would have been a game changer right there!! :eek:

Tony - I actually didn't by this bitchen system but bought just 2 of the lights individually. I hacked on them trying to use elements of the shell with some decent LED's and finally gave up. Sorry I have too much respect to give away junk, even if I didn't like you. :D

Co-Dog

Reaction
i agree with both the "head" lamps that you wear and the fred flintstone method. puts the light where the work is. there are some really powerful "head" lamps out there now.
Randy gets the ones with magnets so they stick to the plate in his head.:D