English Essay on Desert Racing

durtygirl

Reaction
Hey guys:
I need some help. I am writting a classification essay for my english 101 class. I am doing the topic on "off-road racing". I've classified the topics into: Throphy Trucks, buggies, truggy's, and prerunners. I met with my teacher today about my essay, she said that the essay would be complete with examples of these trucks. I've gotten real examples for prerunners, but I would love it if someone who has a trophy truck, buggy, or a truggy would message me so I can ask you a couple of questions. If you could help me out that would be great. My essay final draft is due on Monday (the 28th).. So if you could help me out message me A.S.A.P. My AIM sn is "princesschels182" and my email is chelsersw02@yahoo.com
Thanks guys!

suck it up solider

Jkrell

Reaction
what do you want to know about them? Everybody on this website doesn't own a trophy truck or buggy (though there are a few)...but a lot of us have ridden in them and probably know enough to write a small book about them. So...what do you want to know for your essay?

Also, I wouldn't add another classification called "truggy's" because truggy's are basically just trophy trucks without the fiberglass....I think you would be better off with a mini truck or limited buggy classification instead.

Good luck.

Jon

durtygirl

Reaction
Hey:
Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know how often PCI scott comes on? I would really like to have his input, or at least someone on his team or pit crew....

suck it up solider

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Just "pm" him at "pciscott". He is very nice and will definitely respond.

I can only lead you to water, I cannot force you to drink it.

durtygirl

Reaction
Hey:
Alright, I've thought of some questions. Anyone feel free to respond.
1.Name, Age, Location
2.What do you race/ what class?
3. Do you have any sponsers?
4. How much does it cost?
5. How long have you been racing?
If you want you can email these responses to me, or message with me.
chelsersw02@yahoo.com
Princesschels182 AIM

suck it up solider

hammer

Reaction
buggies: this category needs to be changed to Cars. buggies sounds like something you drive in the sand.

durtygirl

Reaction
yeah i know, ill make some revisions...

suck it up solider

KitRacer

Reaction
1. Eric Allen, 20, San Marcos Ca.
2. Buggy/Car - 1/2 1600 single seat Jimco
3. Off Road Warehouse, Bolts 4 U, RFI, U. S. Wheels, K. I. T. Racing
4. Bought car used for $12,000, prep for a normal race is roughly $2000, every 1000 miles calls for a complete component replacement, more like $5000. May sound like a lot of money, but it takes a lot to make a car finish a race, right now we are the SCORE 1/2 1600 points leaders, and the overall points leaders, so we have been doing a really good prep for the 500
5. I have been racing since i was 16, but have been driving in the dez since i could hardly walk

Hey durtygirl, i tried to IM you on AIM, but you didnt respond, if you have any more questions, IM me kitracing1600

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

Jkrell

Reaction
I rode in PCIScotts truck back when it had a big lizard on the side...does that count :)

durtygirl

Reaction
Hey Everyone:
I want to thank everyone for helping me out, I got a lot more response than I expected. I finished my paper and for those who are looking forward to reading my "piece of work", I'll post it on Monday when it is going to be completely finished.
Chels

suck it up solider