Enough is enough!

NINERACER

Reaction
I ask the driver of the 1600 if the guy in the class 1 stop to see if they were ok, he told me. the guy tried to go away but it got stuck.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Rulo told me he moved to the outside of the corner to give the inside to Tom Koch but Koch followed his line off course and got into the back of him.

IMO it was just a mistake made by both parties. granted there has been a handful of incidents involving Tom Koch but this doesn't seem to be a blatant hit on a limited car like may have been true in the other incidents.

Tom was still going into the corner awfully fast, I wonder what would have happened if the 1600 wasn't there to slow Koch down??? it could have been a wild/ugly ride.

I'm just glad everyone involved are okay and that Rulo will be able to fix his ride and get back to racing. there is always next year for a SNORE 1600 points championship!!!

C'mon buddy, thats an easy one... he would have seen the markers coming to go along with what his codawg was telling him, and made the turn. I mean, after all, he had made it to that point, and surely it wasn't a straight line to get there. Tom has been doing this far longer than any of us. I have to give him a pass on this one after seeing the video. He was obviously doing his best to slow down prior to hitting Rulo, and unfortunately, Rulo assumed Tom was going to be able to stop in time. Truly a bummer for Rulo no doubt. Twice this year the motors been ripped out of the car.

mawtrophykart

Reaction
$.02= 2 problems here, the 1600 stopped on the course, and it seems the car stopped right in front of the triple arrows left, blocking them from view, ...was the 1600 car getting lapped or was the 1 car down and making up time?

AGSRacing5\16

Reaction
i DONT suggest stopping in the middle of the course and the end of a long DUSTY wide open straightaway.........the 1600 guy would have a WAAAAY better case WITHOUT the video.......video doesnt lie......

yea lets not stop for a triple down turn! that would be crazy.

AGSRacing5\16

Reaction
Yea no **
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA** Rulo slowed down it a TRIPLE down turn! the class one was coming in way to fast for the turn! It was not like a long sweeping turn or anything, it a TRIPLE down turn. Rulo dedicated his life to this sport and has more years of hard work to than half of us posting right now. It just pisses me off he had to get taken out by a driver who has no chance at winning driving over his head, and taken out my brother. Its not like a hobby for Rulo, its his life! 702 210 7788 call me if you got a problem

mawtrophykart

Reaction
Probably the scariest thing out there is down Trophy's and 1 cars, you pass them during the race and you know their gonna be breathing down your neck soon. You constantly watch the mirror, but you cant always do that. In 2 separate races a 1 carVince Gaylick an the douchebags in the Real Tech Realty Trophy Truck, both down, slammed me soooo hard that my whole back 1/2 had to be replaced($10,000), not to mention about 5k in medical expenses, never heard sorry from either of them.Both of these guys were running w the 1600's at the time. Both occasions we were in 1st place and limped the car to the finish. In this case I would mostly rule that the 1 car was at fault. Now i've been on both ends of this problem, sf250 I was 200ft behind the leader(Kovach) w fast eddy in between, when i tapped fast eddie(my fault) his car went up when mine went down, it put fast eddy out of the race and I was thoroughly bummed. I offered to pay for the damages and did. Saw eddy at the 500 and apologized! Sorry again. This is offroad racing and shi t is bound to happen, some could be prevented and some cant. I guess those famous 2 words apply..."That's Racing"

Sheaco

Reaction
Yea no **
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA****
fr.gif
OOH LA LA** Rulo slowed down it a TRIPLE down turn! the class one was coming in way to fast for the turn! It was not like a long sweeping turn or anything, it a TRIPLE down turn. Rulo dedicated his life to this sport and has more years of hard work to than half of us posting right now. It just pisses me off he had to get taken out by a driver who has no chance at winning driving over his head, and taken out my brother. Its not like a hobby for Rulo, its his life! 702 210 7788 call me if you got a problem

Last edited by a moderator:

jowoog

Reaction
[video=youtube;m4HTcrsVdUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4HTcrsVdUk&feature=player_embedded[/video]
for the lazy people

i don't think he had brakes ,...

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
Reaction
I gotta say,,, It looks like a racing accident. even if he has done it before, it still looks like a "in the dust" accident. That was a fast, long, dusty road section but arrows were on both sides..

AGSRacing5\16

Reaction
34420_447994349906_795239906_5042768_3931465_n.jpg
broken.jpg
brokene.jpg

Update pics.

Yes of course it is a racing accident, I have no problem with that its just that part of the course has a 25 mph speed limit.

Fourstroker

Reaction
View attachment 96304
View attachment 96305
View attachment 96306

Update pics.

Yes of course it is a racing accident, I have no problem with that its just that part of the course has a 25 mph speed limit.

Where di you hear or see that Guy? I was at the drivers meeting, read the packet and went through that section.....Didn't see or read anything about 25 mph in that section. Only thing that was mentioned was the pit lanes (this was not one of them) and the no passing zones.

Still sucks either way. Rulo was having a great run for sure.

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
Reaction
View attachment 96304
View attachment 96305
View attachment 96306

Update pics.

No speed limit there. That was at the end of about a 4 mile straight road section into a hard left about a couple mile outside of pit 2 if my memory serves me correctly (I'm probably wrong). Speed limit was a few miles down at the pits where I missed the track lane and pulled into the pit lane and totally struck a pose as I pulled a drive by (Photo Opp). OK,,, That's all I have to say about that! Good job that they talked it out and I hope Tom helps out with maybe a little of the cost. I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!!! T-BAGGIN BABY!

ps,,, So hey Pat, this girl,,,, you got her #? J/K

JPBart

Reaction
Tom and Rulo spoke to each other today. Sounds like Tom is doing the right thing and Rulo seems relieved. I'd still like to talk to Tom about his aggressive style when passing limited cars. I'll get through the weekend and give him a call. Kudos to Tom for stepping up.

It doesn't get any better than that. Kudos to Tom for stepping up and helping out. Accidents happen, and the real men step up and try to make it right.