Ensenada should be embarrassed

tcm glx

Reaction
I am really not understanding how SCORE doesn't have anything to do with this as well.....yes, the locals should be embarrassed if caused on purpose. If it is because of high tides, so be it.

Why didn't SCORE warn folks,it must have been flooded for the bikes. How about a quick, hey Robby, heads up,it's flooded....take it easy?? Or add a 35 my restriction..... That will calm the crowds real fast in town.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I think Pab is Cheaters little brother or something, I know he crews for Pop-tart and I think he's the guy that wrenches on all the go-karts at Pistols go-kart track. He used to rent a room from Blue Bear but then Deano moved in and Pab didn't like sleeping on the couch. I think he rents a room from Ken at Bullet Proof Diesel now days. Pretty cool dude, always hooks me up with the kart that just got new slicks and a tune up so I can dominate Fish and PDiddy.

I really like this one so I had to say it again. :)

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
[/QUOTE]Its a real simple fix to this problem. Post signs saying that if its flooded the morning of the race there will be a 35MPH speed limit. The locals won't want to see everybody at 35MPH.[/QUOTE]

Don't assume that the local race fans or organizers have control over the idiots. There are more than a few eco-nazis in Mexico and plenty of Ensenada residences who think that Desert racing is an imbarrasement to the community and that we are taking advantage of them by racing there.

Dezsurfer

Reaction
I blame the City of Ensenada & SCORE for the stripper at the Paris who got me for $60

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
That was the Baja 1000 in 2002, Sal Fish and SCORE decided for safety reasons to "Parade" all the vehicles through town and around the wash and restart the race on the road after the wash. This should be done every race without telling anyone in advance and pretty soon the morons will get the message and the city will do something about it.

Ramsey hit it right on the nose. Set up the wash with big exciting jumps to lure everybody and when the ja*kasses flood the wash, just "Parade" everyone through town and start on the other side. A very simple solution to a deadly problem.

mx_junky

Reaction
PAB is actually my bitc!!! not my brother!

Its a real simple fix to this problem. Post signs saying that if its flooded the morning of the race there will be a 35MPH speed limit. The locals won't want to see everybody at 35MPH.

Actually this could work, but make it so it's a 35mph zone unless the wash isn't flooded. Leaves it in the local's hands, either they want race speeds or they don't. Or just move it and forget it about for year or two, and then go back.

Cheater

Reaction
Its a real simple fix to this problem. Post signs saying that if its flooded the morning of the race there will be a 35MPH speed limit. The locals won't want to see everybody at 35MPH.[/QUOTE]

Don't assume that the local race fans or organizers have control over the idiots. There are more than a few eco-nazis in Mexico and plenty of Ensenada residences who think that Desert racing is an imbarrasement to the community and that we are taking advantage of them by racing there.[/QUOTE]

I don't assume anything other than the people who flood it are there watching the cars and trucks spin out and splash through it. You can see them clapping in the video. Take out the splash and have them go at 35MPH and let the locals know that its because of the water and they will stop flooding it.

Race Whore

Reaction
That seems like the chance you take when you race in Mexico. Not saying its right, but from past stories things like that have happened and that's part of being there playing by their rules.

That's a STUPID ^SS remark! "that's the chance you take??".
I agree with Camren, this is Motorsports, yes there are risks, but why create anything?

michael_loomis

Reaction
Why? They are claiming that the water damaged the trophy trucks...and the small classes
Made it with no problem.

TT's, 11's and your daily driver prerunner all go the same speed huh?

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
The solution is simple:

1) PAB your a great embassador to the sport, try to give RN some positive feedback and input for future Baja races in Ensenada, personaly you cant always blame SCORE they come and put a race the goverment has some responsability.

2) The new SCORE has only 2 races under is belt and believe me far better than the old SCORE it will get better Rome wasn't built in one day, Sal fish left RN a huge package for holding baja races.

3) For the good of the sport rotate the host citys for the Baja 500 and 1000, distribute the money to all municipalitys and new opportunitys will open for SCORE.

4) Jose G. is from Ensenada sure he will find new routes to start and finish the 500 and 1000.

My 2 Euros

Mortifer

Reaction
This was my first Baja 500, sportsman bike. I ran from RM5 to Ojos and was a little surprised by the small jump with a vertical back and very glad the guys near the small stream didn't get me with a bucket of water like many that went through before me.
These are small things compared to the canal being flooded and the prerun rider earlier in the week having his bike stolen at gun point.....I guess it's all part of the show huh. If "we" don't like it, "we" can stay home.

harleys dad

Reaction
Were you there? I really am wondering what the end result of that crash was. Standing on the outside of a turn like that is never a good idea!
yea but common sence dissapiers on race day. No one with sence would stand on the outside of a turn but come race day there they are, common sence gets left at home and some guy who has worked his tail off to build and race a buggy now

has to suffer for the rest of his life because a crowd of people were to stupid to bring common sence with them and hit them where they should never have been. It is hard to feel sorry for anyone but the driver and co driver

lakelaurashawn

Reaction
Yes - what about the rider who was pre-running the start and had his bike stolen at gun point? Where is the story about that and how come it 'brushed under the rug'.

Did or was SCORE there to support him?

Gun welding thugs will kill the sport and tourism in Baja. The one or two races a year in that town are dwarfed by bi-weekly cruise ships.

OttoTeller

Reaction
Yes - what about the rider who was pre-running the start and had his bike stolen at gun point? Where is the story about that and how come it 'brushed under the rug'.

Did or was SCORE there to support him?

Gun welding thugs will kill the sport and tourism in Baja. The one or two races a year in that town are dwarfed by bi-weekly cruise ships.

Not to jack your thread PAB: this was posted on thumpertalk by Scott Myers:

"One of my 40 Class teammates Mike Baxter from Carson city NV was pre running the start from Ensenada on thurs aprox 10:00 am when at about RM10 is came across and "Downed rider" Or so he though with his bike laying in the middle of the course and the hunched over clutching his stomach. As he pulled up he asked the guy if he was ok and the guy muttered something in Spanish like he was in pain. So he asked again and this time he pulled up a Black .45 handgun and pointed it 10 inches from his face and said "Give me your bike right now or ill shoot you". As Mike was literally about to take this POS gun out of his hands and beat the life out of him another guy jumped from the bushes on his left and then another from behind. Sadly he had to give up his 450X. Before I forget I want to truly thank Kyle Abney because he not only stopped and rode Mike out or harms way but he drove mike to two different Police stations and stayed with his for over 4Hrs of Hell.. Without going into all the other details and how we figured this out let me say that the police have been Outstanding since minute one taking this very very serious. They found out that this guy not only races SCORE races but was entered in what we understood was team 5X. They call Him "Freddy" and he was the suspect in the robbery of as I understand it a Canadian rider at last years 500.. As of right ow they said that the police know everything about this POS including his home and his mothers home and as far as the police say he is on the run. He was positively identified by Mike in some arrest photos they had of the guy. He rides a Honda 450X with "Monster stickers" on the graphics. He also has a black helmet of some kind. That is all the info I have as of right now. We of course took this info straight to Oscar the Attorney for SCORE and we were blown off like we were a second class citizen. We sent off emails with No response and finally after a few more phone calls we had to go down the the convention center and practically Corner Roger Norman. So after a lengthy discussion Mike was basically told to Pack sand and there was NOTHING that they could do about it and or would do about it and "thanks for coming" but don't let the door hit you in the ass. So I just wanted to let everyone know that this kind of thing is serious and we are really hoping they find this POS and we find the bike. "

green787

Reaction
There's a bacteria in the black Shlitz water that causes Osteo Mylitis (spelling) It attacks the bones in the feet and hands by entering through a cut... Most victims get all four limbs amputated, because by the time you notice the infection it's too late....

Romanrides

Reaction
Move the start location out of Ensenada! Or at least convince RN to threaten to move it unless we are insured that this c#%* won't happen anymore. Sewer water purposely pumped into the course. Gringo or Mexican, competitors purposely put at risk of both physical injury and health related illness is BS. I get it, we all have had some sewer splashed on out faces but that is a pond.

The hold up of the class 30 rider was ignored. A gun put to the guys head..... RN and Oscar were "too busy" to talk to Scott.

I'll stand united, just call it.

Last edited: