Entry level truck racing?

ColoradoZQ8

I've been lurking lately while waiting for my account to be fully activated and i can't seem to find just what i'm looking for.

I just recently found out about this race series and was wondering if anyone has done any budget truck builds for racing in sportsman? how much should i expect to spend to have a truck that won't come apart after a few laps?

HardCharger81

It really depends. I'm not done with my truck, and it's very much on a budget. I've done most of the work myself with the help of a few buddies.
If I had to guess what I'll have into my truck when its done, I wouldn't think any more the $6k. Is it going to win the Baja 1000? No. But will it be fun to drive and be competitive in VORRA. Yes. I've had to bargain hunt, barter, sell, trade, etc to get it done though.
KC Keller's ranger is also a really good example of a truck built on a budget thats really quick.
It can be done. I'm doing it in my garage right now. :)

ColoradoZQ8

It really depends. I'm not done with my truck, and it's very much on a budget. I've done most of the work myself with the help of a few buddies.
If I had to guess what I'll have into my truck when its done, I wouldn't think any more the $6k. Is it going to win the Baja 1000? No. But will it be fun to drive and be competitive in VORRA. Yes. I've had to bargain hunt, barter, sell, trade, etc to get it done though.
KC Keller's ranger is also a really good example of a truck built on a budget thats really quick.
It can be done. I'm doing it in my garage right now. :)
wow, i googled and found KC Keller's ranger. Thats very close to what i wanna do. Maybe use a slightly newer ranger or toyota pickup, but virtually the same idea.

I've got friends in all sorts of places who could help me put one of these together.