Entry list Drives the Entries

dwasser

Reaction
Most of us know that the entry list is what everyone looks at before signing up for a race. Someone has to be the first to sign up at some point. After the RDC 250 I talked to 3 different people all in the same class that didn't sign up because there weren't enough entries in their class. If those 3 had signed up at least 2 more would have.

We are trying to add additional bonuses but it is difficult to do when there aren't many entries. So if you’re sitting and waiting to see how many entries are in your class before you sign up you'll probably be sitting and watching at the race instead of racing.

Get signed up now and watch the entries in your class go up. Then watch the bonuses go up too.

Click on the link below to pre-enter for the DRIVE / FiberwerX 200.

http://www.drive-racing.com/drive_race_pre_entry_form.html

Jeepspeedster

Reaction
Try giving points to entry posted before drawing date. No deposit is required.
MORE does ...

dwasser

Reaction
Try giving points to entry posted before drawing date. No deposit is required.
MORE does ...
We will look at giving points. We are also no longer requiring a deposit to be in the start order draw. You just have to have a current membership and go on line and pre-enter. For this race you can get 10% off your entry if you sign up and pay before May 2nd. That's $34 off for sportsman and $50 off for pro.

Thanks for taking the time to give us some suggestions. We appreciate it!

Reaction
You need to require something, in my opinion, so the same thing doesn't happen that happened at the last MDR drawing. Several people told me they only entered to get a chance at the free entry. If they didn't win (which they did not) they are not going to race; only infalting the pre-race entry numbers. On second thought, that might not be so bad.

Allan

Reaction
Doug as you know we Team Agro signed up 5 weeks in advance in class 12 hoping to get more entrys but no love.
Points should be from racing.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
The differance with MORE and MDR also is MORE keeps a running sheet posted on the internet 2 months before the race of who is racing where MDR has nothing until the week of the race. Look at the entry list for MORE right now for the ORAF 500 with 96 pre-entered with 6 weeks till the race.

I would rather know we are racing 10-20 people in our class rather than planning on a race to only find that we would be racing by ourselves and then you CAN'T get your entry money back. I guess if you finish......... you win........ right? LOL

I also agree with no deposit and giving the extra 5 points. We look forward to the extra 30 points each season. It makes a difference in the outcome for the season. One extra, I also don't believe in charging more for the entry fee when you just show up to race. That's a turn off for our team if we just wanted to go at the spur of the moment to test something we changed on the truck.

I think these will also help DRIVE in there enteries for the future. Good luck and I wish you guys the best. Maybe soon we will come down and try one of your races.

NIKAL

Reaction
You need to require something, in my opinion, so the same thing doesn't happen that happened at the last MDR drawing. Several people told me they only entered to get a chance at the free entry. If they didn't win (which they did not) they are not going to race; only infalting the pre-race entry numbers. On second thought, that might not be so bad.
Fact or Fiction Ramsey? Because for the Fud 200 their were 52 teams pre-entered by the drawing date. Come race day there were 69 cars entered with 7 DNS (Did not start). So minus 7 there were still 62 starters which means more teams raced then what were pre-entered. So I would have to say your comment about Inflating the numbers would be Fiction.

dwasser

Reaction
Fact or Fiction Ramsey? Because for the Fud 200 their were 52 teams pre-entered by the drawing date. Come race day there were 69 cars entered with 7 DNS (Did not start). So minus 7 there were still 62 starters which means more teams raced then what were pre-entered. So I would have to say your comment about Inflating the numbers would be Fiction.
I don't think Ramsey was saying that MDR inflated their numbers. He was just making a point to me that I should charge a deposit to be able to win the free entry we are putting up at the draw on May 2nd.

dwasser

Reaction
The differance with MORE and MDR also is MORE keeps a running sheet posted on the internet 2 months before the race of who is racing where MDR has nothing until the week of the race. Look at the entry list for MORE right now for the ORAF 500 with 96 pre-entered with 6 weeks till the race.

I would rather know we are racing 10-20 people in our class rather than planning on a race to only find that we would be racing by ourselves and then you CAN'T get your entry money back. I guess if you finish......... you win........ right? LOL

I also agree with no deposit and giving the extra 5 points. We look forward to the extra 30 points each season. It makes a difference in the outcome for the season. One extra, I also don't believe in charging more for the entry fee when you just show up to race. That's a turn off for our team if we just wanted to go at the spur of the moment to test something we changed on the truck.

I think these will also help DRIVE in there enteries for the future. Good luck and I wish you guys the best. Maybe soon we will come down and try one of your races.
We refund any money paid on the spot if you are a DNS. We also do not charge a late entry fee for the exact reason you stated. We do offer early entry discounts though.

Hope to see you in Plaster City soon. Thanks for the input.

JAM 1600

Reaction
MDR has been giving out a FREE ENTRY for over two years now and yes it is effective in getting racers to PRE-ENTER ! If you feel our entry list is inflated then that is your opinion but I am sensing that you feel threatened by the numbers and to me that is a bummer !Big car counts are good for everyone involved ! It is sad that you feel that it is necessary to try and knock down a series that you have choosen not to participate with.Why don't you just stick to promoting the series you have choosen with positive ideas and quit acting like a politician ! Oh by the way maybe you did not notice it but DRIVE is also giving away a FREE ENTRY at their next drawing! Must of picked up one of our bad habits !

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
MDR has been giving out a FREE ENTRY for over two years now and yes it is effective in getting racers to PRE-ENTER ! If you feel our entry list is inflated then that is your opinion but I am sensing that you feel threatened by the numbers and to me that is a bummer !Big car counts are good for everyone involved ! It is sad that you feel that it is necessary to try and knock down a series that you have choosen not to participate with.Why don't you just stick to promoting the series you have choosen with positive ideas and quit acting like a politician ! Oh by the way maybe you did not notice it but DRIVE is also giving away a FREE ENTRY at their next drawing! Must of picked up one of our bad habits !
Wow!!!! A little defensive don't you think???? The same can be said for the M.D.R. crowd. Personally I like to see any race in our local dessert!!! I've noticed that your a big M.D.R. Honk though!!!!.And just for the record I've seen alot of races where it seem the list is bigger the the turnout,where on the other hand it seem Score list seems smaller than actual turn out ,kind of lop sided don't you think???

harleys dad

Reaction

I completly agree with this comment, charging more to racers that just show up will keep my car in the garage 100 percent of the time instead of a spur of the moment race trip.

Reaction
Fact, why would you question me? I did not say MDR was inflating numbers; I said people entering to get a chance at a free entry inffaltes the numbers. Same thing happened at SCORE where teams were entering under different names to get a better starting position until they started requiring a non-refundable $200 deposit and the SCORE Tag Number on the entry form.

Reaction
I should have read this before I responded to Todd.

Shannon is right "Wow!!!! A little defensive don't you think????"

Who is "our"?

When I have some time, I'll write some more thoughts on the whole subject.

NIKAL

Reaction
Fact, why would you question me? I did not say MDR was inflating numbers; I said people entering to get a chance at a free entry inffaltes the numbers. Same thing happened at SCORE where teams were entering under different names to get a better starting position until they started requiring a non-refundable $200 deposit and the SCORE Tag Number on the entry form.
Which series over the last few years has offered a team the chance to win a free entry for pre-entering before the drawing date? Your original comment said "Like what happened at the last MDR race". So your original comment was regarding the last MDR race and the numbers being inflated. My comment back to you showed fact that the race day entry's were higher then the pre-race entry's at the last MDR race. So there could not have been inflating of numbers. The race before that was the New Years race and that had way more race day entry's then what was posted prior to the drawing. And nothing in your original statement spoke about Score.

And Yes Score has been known for having inflated numbers on PR's, for examples like you stated or when Score say's "Expected" on there Press Release.

So enough about our petty disagreement. This thread was started to promote Drives next event and not to question or put down another series for what they do.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
So your original comment was regarding the last MDR race and the numbers being inflated. My comment back to you showed fact that the race day entry's were higher then the pre-race entry's at the last MDR race. So there could not have been inflating of numbers. .
Are you refering to the last California Series April 4th with these numbers?

TOTAL ENTERED
TOTAL STARTED
TOTAL FINISHED

Or Superstition in Feb with these numbers?

TOTAL ENTERED 70
TOTAL STARTED 59
TOTAL FINISHED 35

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
-Mark Twain