• Forum membership has its advantages....

Equal length build

F1shifty

Hows it goin everybody. Im getting ready to start an equal length i-beam build on my buddy's ranger(so were planning). This is my first time. I've done bumpers, bed cages, engine cages. Never actual suspension components though. Few questions, any sources on where I can get the beam ends? (where the ball joint meets the beam) or do most people just water jet their own? Are ball joints being used in equal length set ups or mostly king pin? I appreciate any help/pointers I can get. I understand this is a large endeavor, but I gotta learn one way or another right? Thank you.

F1shifty

Just like that but I want to use ball joints still. From what ive seen using king pins can get pricey after the spindle and everything. I should of said originally, this is a 94 ranger ext. cab. Just a play truck, no racing. Thank you

Use Dana 35 or 44 beam ends, they are formed steel and can be welded on.

There is no real science to making the beams work, the trick is steering.

I have a thread over on dezertrangers, in the fab shop/DR rides- titled: Operation : Dethrone Greg Sunds.

I layed out the pivot points and everything related to suspension on the ground, with blue tape underneath the truck and built away