• Forum membership has its advantages....

Equal Length or Control arms?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am planning a ranger build-up here in the next few months. Which is better, equal length or uppers and lowers, and for what reason? Judging by the response to Scott's 4-Link question i can imagine I will get a lot of info from you all. Thanks for everything you can offer.
-Josh
4-Link or Die!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am hoping to get info that will help me in my decision. I not sure if I want to go with Equal length beams or a control arm set up. I am definately going with a 4 link. Also what type of shocks are the best. Sway-a-way, Bilstein, etc.
-Josh

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Josh,
For the money I would go with the equal length setup. I would prefer long A-arms but, I like a lot of other people cant afford to do it like it should be done. Also I would go with King shocks, my friend has had his Sway Away just as long as I had my Kings and his had a tendancy to Leak Away. Also King had no problem in dialing the setup I needed.

Going big and Filming it all..

scott

A-arm front end thats lengthened, is major $$$$$$. The front end has to be re-worked, if your going with a center mounted pivot points for the lower arms. I-beam would be cheaper, and your getting Class 8/ older Trophy Truck Technology, for less cost.. Doesn't matter how you look at it, your paying bucks. The difference between Sway-A-Way and King, is what color caps you want, Blue or Red. Kings are a little bit more money....but Kings customer service is better, and they dial in good....