ERX Live Stream - Racing Coverage

450grl

Reaction
Great job with the coverage all weekend. I know there were glitches and some issues, but I'm just really grateful at this point for ANY series that is willing to produce live coverage for these races.

baja619

Reaction
The track was awesome! I love split lines and by the end of the weekend, racers were blitzing both sides trying to make things happen. It truly was a game changer for some.

450grl

Reaction
The split lane there is great (one of my favorite tracks to race on) - if one line is faster at the start of the race, it can change halfway through....love that kind of stuff. Makes for great racing action and super fun as a racer.

baja619

Reaction
Totally! It was constantly changing perhaps because of the sand. I loved how it led into the whoop rhythms too. So depending on how the racers maintain momentum on either line they could blitz through and come out ahead of whomever they were racing against.

It really was a brilliant addition by ERX.

stephenrjking

Reaction
Totally! It was constantly changing perhaps because of the sand. I loved how it led into the whoop rhythms too. So depending on how the racers maintain momentum on either line they could blitz through and come out ahead of whomever they were racing against.

It really was a brilliant addition by ERX.
In fairness the split lane has been there since the first TORC race there. The use of the uneven whoops after the split concludes does allow for a second line through Talladega that seemed effective later in races (notably when CJ pulled even with Carlson on the second-to-last lap Saturday before stuffing it going into the new CAT section) but the left lane, in my viewing, seems to consistently be faster and provide better track position. Racers tended to agree, as one of the big challenges pulling through the 180 was scrambling to get back inside to it.

Someone who knows better than me (which is to say, almost every account on this site) might have more insight to this, but the high line on Talladega seemed to really only be useful for the Pro-4s. It sure was fun when they were hitting the gas off of that lane going up the flyaway, though.

Joxracing

Reaction
I watched the P2 and Super Stock live streams and P4 & PL highlights and I just want to say for the piss poor truck count that is the midwest series that this weekend at ERX put on some of the best racing i’ve seen. I’ve been to ERX twice (once as a racer and once as crew) and the facility and track that they have put together in the last few years is one of the nicest the country has to offer. The track clearly has the groundwork to produce some of the most spectacular racing the series sees. Hats off to the Carlson family and hats off to the racers that keep coming back to the midwest and racing despite getting dealt a bad hand year after year. I hope this facility sticks around for a long time because because between Crandon, Bark River and ERX short course in the midwest has hope.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Would be great next year if they are going to have separate series again to have Wheatland be a joint points race like they tried to this year (before a tornado said nah) and also have ERX be a joint points race.

450grl

Reaction
I would be down...maybe they can leave off Mexico and add Elk River. :)

stephenrjking

Reaction
Speaking of viewership, LOORRS got 499,000 viewers for its Sunday afternoon broadcast on CBS. While that's broadcast rather than cable, it's still nearly the same numbers as IndyCar and F1 pulled on the same day.

If the Wheatland thing can come together and work next year it would be a great tv showcase for someone inclined to promote it. There's room on the summer tv schedule to get some eyeballs.

ColeA

Reaction
Where did you find those numbers at? would like to look at them