Erx lucas race

afortune46

Anyone looking to attend - Erx gave me the opprotunity to save my friends some coin on a weekend pass - order your tickets online , enter in the promo code FORTUNE on checkout and save $10 on each weekend pass. We'll be there all weekend - look for the big green peterbuilt and Speedwerx canopy make sure to stop by and say hi!

Attachments

stephenrjking

I expect to make the Friday session with a couple of kids. Hoping for a decent Pro 4 field; Pro 2 should be great.

afortune46

Im curious if RJ is running the full series along with the other west coast guys or if they just did crandon to get some time in on it. Fingers crossed the west coast guys run it all - was fun having them here.

acers

Im curious if RJ is running the full series along with the other west coast guys or if they just did crandon to get some time in on it. Fingers crossed the west coast guys run it all - was fun having them here.
RJ was just running crandon, Beat and Polvoorde are running the full season in pro lite and Winner is running pro2 full season

stephenrjking

I have to say that for my schedule the Friday-Saturday combination works great. It seems odd for most people, though, even if the turnout last year on Friday seemed pretty good. Anyone know what the reason is for it?

BTW, since I'm here: Bark River is a 3-day event this year. Is the Friday a full schedule with full races in both Sportsman and Pro?

stephenrjking

image.jpg

I wasn’t aware of this, but they’ve modified the ERX layout this year. Excellent engineering to make it spectator-friendly. I really appreciate the effort to improve the experience every season.

I asked Keegan about the new section; he thinks it’s nice but won’t be easy to pass in. Gives the fans a lot more to see, though. Big thumbs up.

Last edited:

stephenrjking

Verdict: the new section is great. From the spectator hill we still can’t see the run out to the 180 and back (the screen was flawless and we could follow it fine) but now much more of the racing action is visible right in front of us. The new turns present excellent action in place of what used to be an underwhelming part of the course.

I honestly feel, as a spectator, that the track has really come into its own with this modification. It was a bit underwhelming in its viewing experience before, but this new portion is a huge step up.

Decent fan turnout, too. When the pro races were running the grandstands were all full and there was good attendance in other areas, too. I’m really encouraged. I brought a friend and his son with me and my son for their first trip to a truck race and we all had a blast.

Edit: re the actual races - CJ’s bump on Carlson rubbed my friend the wrong way. I’m neutral on it, but this is short course and that stuff happens. Pro 2 is in great shape as a category.

afortune46

The new section was great I thought, Erx has a ton of lines that the other tracks don't in regards to passing and the lines change so fast theres not really an advantage over the others when the terrain develops. the right hander off of the finish developed a hole mid race that would unsettle the trucks and get you loose , the hair pin had a ton of potential and the split lane/rhythm section by mid race the outside was faster due to the hole in the turn on the inside.

Pro 4 final was outstanding on Saturday...

Bark river is a mess, theres guys that are still waiting for pro pit parking reservations to get ironed out and its been months...

On a plus side - the webcast is all being done by the same folks that do snocross - and its free...

stephenrjking

The new section was great I thought, Erx has a ton of lines that the other tracks don't in regards to passing and the lines change so fast theres not really an advantage over the others when the terrain develops. the right hander off of the finish developed a hole mid race that would unsettle the trucks and get you loose , the hair pin had a ton of potential and the split lane/rhythm section by mid race the outside was faster due to the hole in the turn on the inside.

Pro 4 final was outstanding on Saturday...

Bark river is a mess, theres guys that are still waiting for pro pit parking reservations to get ironed out and its been months...

On a plus side - the webcast is all being done by the same folks that do snocross - and its free...
It is perhaps easier for Carlson to win at ERX, but the fact that he won in Pro 4 is great for the discipline this year. The show is much more entertaining when a non-Greaves is capable of winning.

And though I root for non-Greaves victories, Carlson's point to thank them for keeping multiple (three this weekend) trucks running in Pro-4 from the podium is well made.

CYS Motorsports

Not to derail the thread but I've been trying to get a site with no response. At this point I'll just show up and show em my emails/phone calls/etc and see where they put me.

sb4pro

Not to derail the thread but I've been trying to get a site with no response. At this point I'll just show up and show em my emails/phone calls/etc and see where they put me.
Give this a shot
For race and ticket information:
Scott Kwarciany @ 906-280-1503
scottkwarciany@hotmail.com or fax 1-906-789-7951
I got the info here
Bark River International Raceway – Bark River International Raceway

afortune46

Give this a shot
For race and ticket information:
Scott Kwarciany @ 906-280-1503
scottkwarciany@hotmail.com or fax 1-906-789-7951
I got the info here

Thats what we had tried too with no return messages/calls. I know the track is ran by volenteers but its a little over the top sometimes when you're trying to make accomidations for a semi, a toterhome with a stacker, and two travel trailers (and youll pay dearly for the sites)

sb4pro

Thats what we had tried too with no return messages/calls. I know the track is ran by volenteers but its a little over the top sometimes when you're trying to make accomidations for a semi, a toterhome with a stacker, and two travel trailers (and youll pay dearly for the sites)
Damn sorry guys totally sux , they’ve got to work on better public relations

stephenrjking

This appears to be the economic landscape. On the plus side you don't have massive overhead with multiple full-time employees and huge annual expenses that require a major sponsor or massive ticket prices with large crowds to be sustainable (cf college bowl games, IndyCar races, etc). On the other side, the most important customers (which provide both the product and a great deal of the income) wind up having trouble just getting onto the property.

It's sustainable, but apparently frustrating. Until I talked to someone in the Hoek pit I couldn't figure out what the schedule would be for Friday (I'm told no pro races, just sportsman). I had some issues kinda like this as a new fan at Crandon a few years back, but the friendliness and flexibility of the people who volunteer there more than made up for the challenge.