Estero Beach - Pictures

Gabe Lara

Reaction
If you didn't make it down to Estero this past weekend, it was a GREAT time!
Gerardo Novelo has an incredible resort down there, and his entire staff and crew really did a great job taking care of us.

Some highlights/ observations of the weekend:

Carl Renezeder tearing it up in his Pro 4 Lucas Oil Chevy
Rick Huseman in his Fabtech Ford Ranger
Getting sprayed with dirt after Gerardo won on Sunday
Mobbed by about 50 of my "cousins" attempting to pass out DP videos (Yeah, great idea Klaus!)
Listening to everyones stories of mayhem, and debauchery from Sat. night!
Madness @ Papas & Beer!!!! (I'm still recovering!)

Seeing all of our friends and making new ones.....
Gerardo and Victor, Spencer and Christine, Greg and Jen from UPS, the Renezeder crew and family,
Sean McKenzie, Sheryl and Ann, Rusty Stewart and the crew from TCS.

-Gabe

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by klaus on 04/29/02 02:15 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Re: Estero Beach

Oh man. What a rush!

Short Course is soooooo fricking awesome! I had a great time, it was so much fun just seeing those trucks tearing up the track. Those guys can drive!

I would have to say that the guy in the Safari Class with the RX7 would have gotten whooped up on if the General would have been there though :)

I got a lot of video and it will be up later today. You guys gotta see the video!

Thanks to Greg & Jen for showing me around the track and you know I am going to Crandon this year!

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

partybarge_pilot

Reaction

Hi lights?
Showing the little rice burners how to do a real doughnut in the parking lot sat. To bad they had there windows down when they went by..... It was an accident I swear!!!

We need more cars in the safari class! More carnage!

klaus

Administrator
Reaction

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" id="AutoNumber1"> <tr> <td width="100%" align="center" colspan="2"><font face="Arial">Estero Beach Pictures part one. Look for the rest in our picture gallery during this week.</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50%" align="right"> </td> <td width="50%"> </td> </tr></table>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

Huseman looked pretty hot around that corner.

What happened to the BMW?

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

billymanfroy

Reaction
Any way to get the full results? How did Lance Rhinehart do? (#22 white ford in supertruck)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I have a video up from round 1:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/estero/esteroround1.wmv>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/estero/esteroround1.wmv</A>

I am working on Round 2 and 3 right now.

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Nice vid. How big of a file was that?

What happened to Jimmy Oneal? It looked like he broke a hub but I couldnt really tell.

The huseman footage was badass...and people think they need 4 liters to go fast...try 4 cylinders

Kris

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Close to a 9Meg file. I am not sure what happened in the back of Oneil looks like a hub. In the front I heard they bent the frame or something cause the front right wheel was way leaned in.

Wait till you see some of the footage from Round 2 and 3 :)

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
OK jsut wondered cuz it took a couple minutes to load here. thought my comp was getting slow in its old age.

Is that Mckenzies old 8 truck?

Kris

RacnCPA

Reaction
O'Neal broke the rearend. Rhinehart won his class. I don't have official results, just going off my lap sheets. I'll let you know as soon as I do have the results.

It was another GREAT race at Estero Beach. Racers feel free to email or fax your race stories to me ASAP. I need to submit this story as soon as possible so don't waste any time in sending your info. THANK YOU to everyone involved and especially to Gerardo & Victor, I really appreciate the way you guys take care of me (and Dusty Times)!! See you at the next one!

Sc

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Round 2 video is up:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/estero/esteroround2.wmv>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/estero/esteroround2.wmv</A>

I'm working on Round 3....

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

RacnCPA

Reaction
Kris yes it is the old 8s of McKenzie and it was completely revamped after I raced it. Sean made it into an unlimited after that event and Jimmy took over. Its a NICE truck and Jimmy is really mastering driving it now. It was FAST out there!!

Sc

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Round 3 video is up:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/estero/esteroround3.wmv>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/estero/esteroround3.wmv</A>

Thats it!

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Anyone know the status of Ricks truck?

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
The damage was not too severe and they should have no problem being ready for to start the CORR season (phew!). The only real damage was to a spindle, a wheel, the bumper, and the (brand new) fiberglass. Rick's a little sore, but otherwise he's ok. I have to say that crash was one of the scariest I've ever seen in person and we're so glad it wasn't much worse! I am trying to upload a very big video file right now of the crash on our site. It'sa big file, but well worth it. Our friend Aaron was just feet from where it happened and did a great job catching the whole thing. Fish did a great job, too (a whole lot better than Greg, eh fish?!) and I can't wait to see the rest of the videos he got (like when I get around a computer that's not on dial-up...ugh). We had an amazing time, as usual. There's nothing better than being around great friends and great racing in such a beautiful place. We're already looking forward to October!!!
P.S. I got about a hundred pictures on our site that I'm uploading now (note the time I'm posting this) and should have another 600 or so up by Wednesday night!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction

Partybarge_Pilot...what were you racing out there?
Billy...we missed you out there! Lance mumbled something about you spending too much time in the desert to make it (just kidding). He did great and I got some awesome photos of him. He was FAST out there!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

billymanfroy

Reaction

Hi Jen! I missed you guys too... We had a great time in Phoenix, and Lance was all over me to get me to go to Estero (or any other xtreme race). So were the Snowbird guys/gals, which is who I'd run against. I just got my new motor on Wednesday night, so that kinda shot down any chance right there of making the race. We worked into the wee hours of the morning wed, thur, and fri just to get it together and try it out at the VORRA race in Sacramento, which is about 12 hours closer than estero. We had some problems with power steering, and I ended up 2nd after I got mugged on the last lap by a very fast Patty Hayos. Now that I've discovered what horsepower feels like, I just may follow Lance down and do some of these things. Of course, it depends on the schedule and the wallet as always.

Can't wait to see the pics, because fish's vids look pretty cool. Talk to you soon and say hi to greg.

Billy

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Hey Greg was doing good filming too :) He was just more interested in his "whoop section" when Rick was putting on a acrobatic show. hehehe

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

Gabe Lara

Reaction
We were looking at the McKenzie/ O'neal truck after the race.
Sean was showing us what had happened later in the pits.
The rear end housing just sheared right off before the flange!
When I saw it happen on the course, it just looked like the bedside was coming off, then there goes the wheel!

Gotta love that short-course action!

-Gabe