Estero Beach Short Course

klaus

Administrator
Last weekend of April. The 27th and 28th will be the season opener for the Xtreme Shortcourse series in Estero Beach, Mexico. Its located just south of the City of Ensenada. Approximately one to one and a half hour south the Border from San Diego. The races are held on the Estero Beach Resort facilities raceway.

Tons of fun too watch and nice grounds to chill after the race by the pool.

rdc crew will be down there for the weekend.

For more info on Estero Beach click here: http://www.xtremeinternational.net

Who else is going to spectate and who is racing it ?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by John_Bitting on 04/17/02 07:43 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Salvador

Klaus, that weekend its going to be the CODE race at San Felipe (about 2 hour to the east), and if you check the registry for this race its going to be some big action down there:
2 class 1 (Nick Baldwin Debut)
3 Class 10 (Eli Yee in there)
9 class 1-1600
6 Class 8
5 Class 5
7 Class 5-1600
9 Class 9
6 Class 7s
15 Class 7

And many Quads and bikes, and other 4 wheel vehicles and the three Sportsman classes the total for today on the web page 83 4 wheel vehicles, the ususal for this races are about +100 vehicles soo hopelly we can see that amount of cars down there.

Mexican PreRunner

JenDiggityDirt

You know Greg and I and a few friends will be done there for sure! I CAN HARDLY WAIT! Here's a note I have posted on our site ragarding the race:

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN A SHORT COURSE RACE IN PERSON YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISSING OUT. WE ARE BIG FANS OF THE XTREME SERIES BECAUSE THEY BRING CORR-STYLE RACING RIGHT HERE TO THE WEST COAST. THE ACTION IS NON-STOP WITH PLENTY OF BIG AIR FROM SOME OF THE TOP OFFROAD RACERS TODAY, LIKE CURT LEDUC, RICK HUSEMAN, TOMMY BRADLEY, EVAN EVANS, AND MORE!!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, CHECK OUT SOME OF THE PICTURES FROM PAST XTREME RACES IN OUR PHOTO ALBUM (BE SURE AND CHECK THE PICS FROM THE ESTERO RACES, WHICH ARE PARTICULARLY EXCITING).

APRIL 26-28, 2002 IS THE DATE FOR THE NEXT RACE IN ESTERO BEACH, WHICH IS ABOUT AN HOUR PAST THE MEXICAN BORDER. WE WERE A LITTLE SKETCHY ABOUT GOING TO MEXICO THE FIRST TIME, ESPECIALLY WITH GREG'S TRUCK. I MEAN, YOU HEAR STORIES. BUT IT WAS EASY TO GET THERE AND ONCE WE DID WE WERE KICKING OURSELVES FOR NOT GOING DOWN THERE SOONER. THE RESORT AT ESTERO BEACH IS INCREDIBLE. IT'S HUGE (BRING YOUR BIKES) AND RIGHT ON THE BEACH, WITH PALM TREES AND SAND AND THE WHOLE NINE YARDS. GERARDO, WHO RUNS THE SERIES AND THE RESORT, IS AS BIG AN OFFROAD FAN AS YOU CAN GET. THE RACE COURSE IS IN THE RESORT, JUST A FEW MINUTES WALK FROM YOUR ROOM OR YOU CAN CAMP LITERALLY IN THE PITS. THAT'S ANOTHER COOL THING: THE PITS ARE OPEN TO ALL RESORT GUESTS AND THE RACERS ARE INCREDIBLY COOL. THERE'S AN AWESOME RESTAURANT RIGHT THERE, TOO. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PARKING YOUR TRUCK BECAUSE THE WHOLE FACILITY IS SECURE. WE HAVE NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT OUR VISITS TO ESTERO BEACH. IT'S LIKE A RESORT VACATION AND OFFROAD ACTION ALL ROLLED INTO ONE. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR???

WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THE ESTERO RACE FOR MONTHS AND ITS ALMOST TIME!!! IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN GOING (YOU'D BE CRAZY TO MISS IT) CHECK OUT THE OFFICIAL XTREME WEBSITE FOR RESERVATIONS AND MORE INFO. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CARAVAN DOWN THERE WITH GREG AND I ON FRIDAY MORNING JUST GIVE US A CALL (909) 780-5331. IF YOU'RE A PRERUNNERS.COM (OR RACE-DEZERT!!!) REGULAR AND YOU'RE PLANNING ON GOING, EVEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CARAVAN, GIVE US A CALL ANYWAY SO WE CAN PLAN TO GO TO DINNER OR SOMETHING WHILE WE'RE ALL DOWN THERE. THIS IS GOING TO BE A VERY COOL WEEKEND SO WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

klaus

Administrator
Just talked to Victor Mercado at Estero Beach. The resort is or is almost sold out for the weekend. They have camping grounds as well.

Give them a call if you plan on going to find out where to stay.

TRDshaunTRD

If you have never been to a short course race, this is the one to go to!! If you even modestly enjoy offroad racing, this will blow you away!! I went to it last year and had a blast, and now im bringin the whole fam-damly!

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

fishd00d

What A Joke
I want to go for sure! If anyone have room for 2 people in a room we can pay to split a room if someone wants, please let me know! I don't want to miss it this year!

Go Big Or Go Home

JCA

Fish I am thinking about taking the motorhome. Check and make some reservations in the camping area and we can all split cost's.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

JenDiggityDirt

YEAH! I'm so excited you guys might be coming! LOOK OUT MEXICO!...HERE COME THE DEZERT PEOPLE!!!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ok we are going for sure, I am calling there tomorrow to see what RV spots are available still, we will get something.

I can't wait!

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
I just got off the Phone with Estero Beach, they said all the ROOMS are sold out.

There are very few RV spots left (we got ours all set) so if you didnt make reservations yet you better hurry to get a RV or camping spot!

Go Big Or Go Home

TRDshaunTRD

sounds like its goin to be big this year. Last year, i got a room the day before the event. Course that was in october.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

J_Dog

For those of you in Northern California / Northern Nevada, VORRA has 5 short course races as part of its 2002 series. The short course events are held at Prairie City OHV park, just east of Sacramento, CA. The short course is a 1 mile course and is visible from the spectator area. VORRA is not as big as some of the other race series, but great for us Nor Cal people who need our race "fix". The next short course race is April 28th. Unable to make it clickable, if someone can let me know how, but here's their web site: www.vorra.com

Jeff Matlock

RacnCPA

Shaun they have two races each year, one in April and one October. The April race is usually bigger, but hey maybe after everyone checks the place and ACTION out, October may be just as big. The weather is usually good for both races. Dusty Times Magazine and the "RacnCPA" (just for you Klaus!-LOL) will be there!! C-ya!

Sc

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Racen CPA,
Guy will be there! He's also looking for a win....SUPER MARIO is the competion and he'll never forget the speed of Denise McKenzie.....thats only in 5/1600!!!!! Flying high with Guy! We all LOVE Estero Beach!

For those who are still thinking about going....you won't be sorry. CLEAN, QUITE, SECURE! Mr Novelo and staff will make sure you are comfortable! The only problem I have have with Estero Beach is....the coffee shop.....I'm sitting there eat my "Rancho breckfast" and drinking my coffee and "BANG!" I get LAAAZZYY (LAZY) with the sun on my face and the ocean brezze, I get so comfortable...I don't want to go back to work! It is so cool there! Estero Beach = comfort......bottom line!

I check everything!

Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra