Ex-Jeffries JIMCO 2/1600... Looking for CREW/Team.

Maymes-1600

Reaction
Good day to all...

I was able to purchase Jeffries 2/1600, Score Champion, Overall Point Champion and many other acomplishments.

This car will be restored and updated to compete un 2010. I'm trying to form a team so we can continue with the cars excellent background. If anyone from the Jeffries Team (Damen included) has any info, usefull tips o just want to know the progress of this project feel free to ask. My main goal with this post is to relate, get to know fellow addicts of the sport and inform what's coming ahead.

I invite anyone with interest of any kind (crew, volunteer, sponsors, etc..) so that we can acomplish this project and compete in the highest level of the 1600 category to reply to this post or to me directly. h_maymes@hotmail.com Hector Maymes.

Thank you for reading and all comments, suggestions or replys are welcome.

P.D. Special Thank's to Steve, Jennifer and Nate Johnson !! :) Awsome People.

Danny Alcala

Reaction
Congratulations on your new purchase. What series are you planning on racing?

Maymes-1600

Reaction
Hey Danny... well the plans are MDR, SCORE and SNORE. It all depends on the team we can put together, consider their opinion and options.. but we're go for launch in all directions right now. You know that with a competitive car, It all comes down to logistics and teamwork.

DIRT_ADDICT

Reaction
Hey Danny... well the plans are MDR, SCORE and SNORE. It all depends on the team we can put together, consider their opinion and options.. but we're go for launch in all directions right now. You know that with a competitive car, It all comes down to logistics and teamwork.

pm sent:D

Maymes-1600

Reaction
Come on RDC forum, I know there's alot of views but please leave some input... constructive ciritiscm is welcome also...

Let's make this project happen...

DJ Jeffrey

Reaction
My Dad Brian Jeffrey Owned that 1600 car and won the 2002 SCORE 1600 Championship! It was a good car back then, but it has been through two or three owners since it left our team. I really cant wait to see it out on the track! that will be awesome! If you are gona be in the MDR seris, you may see our other two Jeffrey Bros Racing 1600 cars, so if you ever wana stop by and talk to us about the car go right ahead. Good Luck !

Maymes-1600

Reaction
My Dad Brian Jeffrey Owned that 1600 car and won the 2002 SCORE 1600 Championship! It was a good car back then, but it has been through two or three owners since it left our team. I really cant wait to see it out on the track! that will be awesome! If you are gona be in the MDR seris, you may see our other two Jeffrey Bros Racing 1600 cars, so if you ever wana stop by and talk to us about the car go right ahead. Good Luck !

Dj Jeffrey... thank's alot for the positive vibe. The car will be top notch competitive and we will give it our best shot to be competitive in the class. I look forward on talking to you guys, I'm new in the 1600 class, but I have a 5/1600 where I've been racing for a couple of years, I also have a class 11... not as fast obvious but I know the capacities and all the mechanical side in these cars, race-prep and just overall the little big things that can make the difrence...

Hope to see you all soon... I'll keep the forum posted.

Maymes-1600

Reaction
heres some input, stay away from rob macs 1600!!!!!!!!!! that thing is faster than many class 1s

Well I'll try to take that as an advice... :rolleyes:

As far as I know Rob's car has nothing over the others, he's a great driver and I'll just learn if he overtakes us and when we're on his amber light for as long as we can keep up...

We'll just try to give our best and try to make every mile a battle with the track and our fellow competitors.

Maymes-1600

Reaction
Just a quickie...

We'll be racing down in Baja... San Vicente in a Curry Built 2/1600 with my buddy Hector Navarro from La Jolla.

If anyone want's to join us for the race, don't hesitate to tag along. It's Saturday October 10th !! Pre-run Saturday October 3rd.

bonehead1

Reaction
Hey Danny... well the plans are MDR, SCORE and SNORE.

You mentioned running at the higest level, you should consider running MORE instead of MDR. 10-20 cars per race for MORE vs 3-4 cars per race for MDR.

Maymes-1600

Reaction
You mentioned running at the higest level, you should consider running MORE instead of MDR. 10-20 cars per race for MORE vs 3-4 cars per race for MDR.

Thank's for the tip bonehead1... I just looked at the points standings and there's alot of competitors, definetly MORE will be in the mix. :cool:

mawtrophykart

Reaction
If you need help drivin or shock setup let me know. I have a tiny bit of experience in half1600.

tmathews

Reaction
The DRIVE series is new out in Plaster City... You may want to give them a try next year.. The 19th of this month they had a Pro 1600 race and had about 15 2/1600s show up.

Maymes-1600

Reaction
The DRIVE series is new out in Plaster City... You may want to give them a try next year.. The 19th of this month they had a Pro 1600 race and had about 15 2/1600s show up.

I was just looking at the DRIVE Series web site... It looks very good. Thank's Tim, great pointer. :D

That's exactly the purpose of this thread, get different opinions and get pointed in the correct direction.