EX-McMILLIN CLASS 1 IN LA PAZ BAJA

retroblazer

Reaction
Beautiful ..... If I didn't know otherwise, the kid looks a little like Mark would have as a youngster. Some one from the McM crowd tell us how this car cycled through the stable.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
that brings back memories of a late great racer...don't know if it was his but still.......love how he kept it all McMillin'ed out

Lt. Dan 1608

Reaction
That's cool. I do have to say I have split feelings on seeing this though. On one hand, it is cool to see Corky's car racing again. On the other hand, it might have been nice to see his car in the Hall of Fame too.

I never had the honor of meeting Corky but I would bet he would have wanted the car to keep logging the miles in the desert. Just my thoughts, either way, cool pictures.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
That's cool. I do have to say I have split feelings on seeing this though. On one hand, it is cool to see Corky's car racing again. On the other hand, it might have been nice to see his car in the Hall of Fame too.

I never had the honor of meeting Corky but I would bet he would have wanted the car to keep logging the miles in the desert. Just my thoughts, either way, cool pictures.

well they did have about 3 of those cars so maybe that is Mark's or Scott's and not Corky's car...:cool:

johnnyweb

Reaction

One of his is in the Off Road hall of fame. The paint job matches too.

LukeMcMillin83

Reaction
Yup, we sold one of our mid-engine cars, we had two of them, one for Mark and one for Corky, finally Mark made the switch to Jimco cars but my grandpa loved these mid engine cars, so he kept both of them. He kept both of them identical and used one for racing and the other for pre running and testing stuff. This car sat in our garage for a while kind of secretively for sale, my dad wanted to sell the car to someone that my Grandpa would want to have his car. Finally, a guy out of La Paz called, he had had one of our Porche cars for the last few years and was looking for another class 1 because he wanted to step up from the Porsche car, we had sold him years ago. The old Porche we sold him years ago was still in awesome condition, and he loved our cars and kept it JUST like we had it years ago. So we offered to sell my grandpas mid cars to him, he bought it, we gave him a good deal, we went testing with him to make sure he was satisfied, he was, so off to MEXICO in good hands it went, JUST where Corky would have wanted it to go. The other identical mid car is the one Corky had his heart attack in while racing out at Primm a few years ago, and it is in the the hall of fame museum, Mark probably will always keep that car, we still have the flat tire that Corky last changed at that Primm race.

Last edited:

LukeMcMillin83

Reaction
well they did have about 3 of those cars so maybe that is Mark's or Scott's and not Corky's car...:cool:

We had two of these cars, one as Mark's and one was Corky's. I think you are thinking of our porche cars, we had 3 of those cars for Mark Scott and Corky. While Mark and Corky had these two cars Scott was in the era of TRYING to race Porter cars lol. Technically this is Mark's car but really it is Corky's car, he is the one who drove it most and finally it really just became corky's as Mark got into Jimco cars.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Yup, we sold one of our mid-engine cars, we had two of them, one for Mark and one for Corky, finally Mark made the switch to Jimco cars but my grandpa loved these mid engine cars, so he kept both of them. He kept both of them identical and used one for racing and the other for pre running and testing stuff. This car sat in our garage for a while kind of secretively for sale, my dad wanted to sell the car to someone that my Grandpa would want to have his car. Finally, a guy out of La Paz called, he had had one of our Porche cars for the last ten years and was looking for another class 1 because he wanted to step up from the Porsche car, we had sold him years ago. The old Porche we sold him years ago was still in awesome condition, and he loved our cars and kept it JUST like we had it years ago. So we offered to sell my grandpas mid cars to him, he bought it, we gave him a good deal, we went testing with him to make sure he was satisfied, he was, so off to MEXICO in good hands it went, JUST where Corky would have wanted it to go. The other identical mid car is the one Corky had his heart attack in while racing out at Primm a few years ago, and it is in the the hall of fame museum, Mark probably will always keep that car, we still have the flat tire that Corky last changed at that Primm race.

nice to hear that you guys kept the other car....truly a piece of history.....car did look a little different to me, if I recall correctly, Corky's race car has 2 coilovers and a bump stop in the rear...am I correct?

LukeMcMillin83

Reaction
nice to hear that you guys kept the other car....truly a piece of history.....car did look a little different to me, if I recall correctly, Corky's race car has 2 coilovers and a bump stop in the rear...am I correct?

No this car also use to have 2 coil overs and a bump stop in the rear. It looks different because of "experimental" stuff my grandpa had going on with shocks, as I mentioned Corky pre ran and tested stuff on this car, for his race car. They are practically identical. Corky always was testing new stuff for his car, and always working on suspension, while he was in the hospital a few days before he died he was asking one of our shop guys about his car, debating to change shock set up. lol

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Yup, we sold one of our mid-engine cars, we had two of them, one for Mark and one for Corky, finally Mark made the switch to Jimco cars but my grandpa loved these mid engine cars, so he kept both of them. He kept both of them identical and used one for racing and the other for pre running and testing stuff. This car sat in our garage for a while kind of secretively for sale, my dad wanted to sell the car to someone that my Grandpa would want to have his car. Finally, a guy out of La Paz called, he had had one of our Porche cars for the last few years and was looking for another class 1 because he wanted to step up from the Porsche car, we had sold him years ago. The old Porche we sold him years ago was still in awesome condition, and he loved our cars and kept it JUST like we had it years ago. So we offered to sell my grandpas mid cars to him, he bought it, we gave him a good deal, we went testing with him to make sure he was satisfied, he was, so off to MEXICO in good hands it went, JUST where Corky would have wanted it to go. The other identical mid car is the one Corky had his heart attack in while racing out at Primm a few years ago, and it is in the the hall of fame museum, Mark probably will always keep that car, we still have the flat tire that Corky last changed at that Primm race.

This is why we keep you around Luke. :D:D;)

ca3extreme

Reaction
one of jefries properties is behind ours in cabo, behind costco, saw his chase trucks their during spring break. luke u the man, peace out, hectors neighbor.

maxyedor

Reaction
So this one's sister car is the McMillin car that's in the auto museum in Reno right? Pretty sure that's the offroad hall of fame, but haven't been up there in a while, and last time I was a little distracted by some Porsches they brought in for the night an put in the same room as the offroad, land speed record and drag cars.