Excursion 4 x 4 Shift Motor

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Have a little problem and less money to fix....

Had to replace the transmission in my excursion earlier this year. When it went out, it was running 4 wheel drive just fine. Ford replaced the transmission and about a month later, I went to use the 4 wheel drive and it would not engage (electronic shift on fly stupid knob type)

I thought maybe Ford either screwed up a pin in the plug or just forgot to plug it in when the put it all together but they say it is a "4 x 4 shift motor" and that will be 700.00 bucks to replace.

No 4 wheel drive is not an option for me. Carry to much crap in the desert to help all you racers....

Any thoughts?

Dave

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I know the older Ranger ones could be shifted manually from underneath with a 3/8 ratchet and extension. Might want to crawl down there and take a look for the short term. Long term, ditch the motor and make it manual.......

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
I know the older Ranger ones could be shifted manually from underneath with a 3/8 ratchet and extension. Might want to crawl down there and take a look for the short term. Long term, ditch the motor and make it manual.......
Ill have to take a look -

Does anyone know if it is easy part to replace or does the case need to be pulled?