exhaust

Custom_Yota

Reaction
What do you all thinnk of running straight pipe? It's for a 89 22re and it is for off road only so noise isn't an issue. I know that i have to keep my o2 sensors and was just wandering that if straigh tpipe is alright for the motor?

elcaprerunner

Reaction
A straight pipe will not be good for your motor, it eliminates all of your back pressure, which you want to have less of but no muffler and no cat will hurt your motor and it will also be slower. But what you can do is take off the cat and put on a high flow muffler like a flowmaster or something and then put a turn down right after the muffler. This will give you enough back pressure without being restricted and it will sound better too, and still probably be loud if that is what you like, and it won't hurt your motor. :) But to do this you will have to register your truck as an off-road vehicle which means it is strictly a trailer queen, no street driving at all. If you notice they still run mufflers on TT's, the pipe before is pretty short and a turn down after the muffler, that is probably your best bet.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

1992f150

Reaction
the tubing itself gives back pressure. It will probably sound like crap though if you just cut the muffler off, with the buzzing, and the farting, and the popping oh glavin!

Azusa: shame of the foothills

evan_clanin

Reaction
i run my toyota cut off right under neith the drivers seat, all i have is a cat, and mu sensor thats it and it sounds kinda good, LOUD, but i havnt noticed any performance issues

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
If you mean a straight pipe instead of a cat, it should be fine, but i wouldn't run it without a muffler. I once ran my toyota with just headers while I was going to the muffler shop and man was it loud! I was setting off car alarms left and right and started going deaf. Well anyways, I didn't notice any performance issues, but it sounded like crap. I mean it was loud and all, put you hear all the sputtering and misfiring.

cleartoy

Reaction
If your gonna take off the cat, you should run a muff. Any muff, just something.

If you leave the cat on you could run straight pipe no muff.

If your woried about restriction, just get a Magnaflow muff. Its straight through but offers some suppression.

On my 94 22re, i run header, 2.25" (no cat) exiting in stainless Magnaflow. I love it. It revs out!!!

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

evan_clanin

Reaction
yea i cant drive threw parking lots with out setting off alarms, but my favorite is parking garages, thats fun specaily right when it starts to resineight .

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

Custom_Yota

Reaction
what is average price on a spintech for toyota? Someone i KNow wns a muffler shop and he sais he could get them for aroun 65/70$ Oh and also what spin tech is best for the 22re? o rare they all the same

cleartoy

Reaction
Thats a good price. I think the average price for a Spintech muffler only(carry out) is about $85. More if its a big block style.

I believe the one for Toys is #6224. ITs a compact muffler 2.25" and i believe its offset\offset, or offset\center.

Ive heard it on 22re with header 2.25" exhaust with cat and it sounded good.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??