Exhaust

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Before I tore down the truck for the rebuild, I took it out to the street legal drags at Fontana w/ a friend (BMW guy). My best run of the day was a 15.52. Not great but I SMOKED my buddy in hi BWM 328, and I beat a Mustange SVT in the 1/8th mi - that guy beat me in the 1/4 but I have NO top end in the truck - all torque. Anyway, Fontana is fun, and I will definately be out there again once the truck is done. You should have heard the announcer and crowd when I pulled up to the line! They changed their tune after I smokedthe tires though. Steve

*EDIT* - if someone will post pics for me I've got a few of me at the line. PM me, and I'll email um to you tonight once I get home and can scan um.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Website
www.xyzproductions.com
Here are Steve's (SpareChangeRacng) pics.

6-47977-SteveFontana.jpg

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>

Jordan

Reaction
Website
www.jordanmay.com
I have a tacoma too and Magnaflow, Dynomax and Flowmaster have all failed in my truck and previous vehicles. Right now I am running stock exhaust because of limited cash flow and then I am planning on going with Spintech. I also considered Bassani and JBA but both are too expensive.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jordansrealm.com>JordansRealm.com</A>

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
JrSyko - not sure if you were asking me "what did you do to your truck" or not. If you were - what do you mean? Do you mean why is it apart? If so it is kinda of a long story, but the short vesion is I started over from the ground up (thanks Rob and Jason) PM me if you want more info.
To get back on the topc - I had a flowmaster in there before and liked it - sounded good and throaty. I'm prettu sure I'll be trying magnaflow when I get to putting exhaust back on the monster though. My friend owns an exhaust shop and he said the sound is comparable, but magnaflows flow better. Steve

PS - oh yeah - that supercharged 3.8L in the ranger was and is still SMOG LEGAL in CA - whoo hoo!

blacktaco666

Reaction
I've tried many mufflers on my 2001 3.4 tacoma...started out with a free magnaflow glasspack (sounded too ricey)...went to a flowmaster once the magnaflow broke into a million pieces, but the flowmaster was too quiet, and i put a bitchin borla tip on the end of it, but 500 miles down the road the welds fell apart and things turned to shat.....so i went to a different muffler shop and this guy really knows his mufflers! (oh yeah i installed gibson shorty headers for giggles) so this new guy put a nice bullet in there and a really heavy duty hanger and that freakin thing is bulletproof!! i like the sound now, even though it kinda drowns out my SUPERCHARGER whine. And now (as if i havent already spent enough on my exhaust) One of my coworkers convinced me to get rid of my stock Y-pipe for better flow with the TRD supercharger and have my muffler guy fab up a nice 2 1/2 inch one....UP TO the cats that is because he WONT touch the cats! So it's up to me to fab up some kind of straight pipe to delete the cats for uh...."offroad use only".