Expansion of Bark River International Raceway

GJLnorthernmichigan

Reaction
Its Unanimous, The Bark River Lions Club has Voted to purchase another 75 Acres of Property ajoining the Bark River International Raceway. This is a large purchase in these times but We are Looking Long Term. We have been Off-Road Racing in Bark River since 1976 and we arent tired of it yet. That will make over 175 acres of Land owned by the Lions Club.
In other Business the Lions also approved plans to Build a new Bar Building this Year. There are other Improvements that people will notice when arriving at the Raceway. The Economy is bad but things are Looking better in Bark River and you can feel a little excitement. This Group of Gentlemen have served this area well over the years, I am proud to be a Lions member in this Community.

racefan2041

Reaction
This is great news! Where is this 75 acres? Also, permanent showers and bathrooms would be a great addition. Are the current sites getting filled up this year?
Keep up the good work Bark River Lions Club.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I got to run Don Ponders backup truck in Aug. of 06 there it was by far one of the best tracks I`ve ever raced on.Crandon is cool but Bark river was awesome.

GJLnorthernmichigan

Reaction
This is great news! Where is this 75 acres? Also, permanent showers and bathrooms would be a great addition. Are the current sites getting filled up this year?
Keep up the good work Bark River Lions Club.

The Property is West of the Starting line. We have looked at Permanent Shower Building but in MI its near Imposible with the Laws & Codes. Sales are Great as we are only mid May. We have More of the Stars coming than Ever Before. Some we haven't seen in Bark River since 2001 like Rob MacCachrin, Man it will be great to have him back in Bark River. I talked to him a couple of times and He sounded pumped to be coming back to Bark River.
TORC and the PDG have done their homework and everyone knows it. Watch for More updates soon.

handmethemic

Reaction
If you're in the bleachers and looking toward the starting line, you are looking west.

Bucksey

Reaction
75 acres? Thats a good piece, could build a whole additional track with that space haha. Great news though, keep up the good work up there you guys have a great spot for racing.

GJLnorthernmichigan

Reaction
75 acres? Thats a good piece, could build a whole additional track with that space haha. Great news though, keep up the good work up there you guys have a great spot for racing.

Thanks for the feedback, West is Behind the Starting Line. The Property goes West and also to the North (right) behind the Start Line. We Probably wont use much of it in the next few years but Like we say, We are in it for Keeps. We Love Off-Road Racing. You have to understand, Not One of Us get paid a penny. We are all Volunteers. We do it Because we love Off-Road Racing & We are in it for Keeps. We have seen many Race series come & Go and We are still here. After 34 Years We do beleive TORC series will be here for a good long time. The reason being they are working closely with the PDG. The Proffesional Drivers Group has been needed since the Inception of Off-Road Racing and it will keep Off-Road Growing into the Future as long as there are men like the PDG board members associated with it. I dont want to single anyone out or forget anyone so I wont mention any names.
You will see alot of enthousiasm and Improvements in Bark River & I am sure at all TORC Races.

little bart

Reaction
Thanks for the feedback, West is Behind the Starting Line. The Property goes West and also to the North (right) behind the Start Line. We Probably wont use much of it in the next few years but Like we say, We are in it for Keeps. We Love Off-Road Racing. You have to understand, Not One of Us get paid a penny. We are all Volunteers. We do it Because we love Off-Road Racing & We are in it for Keeps. We have seen many Race series come & Go and We are still here. After 34 Years We do beleive TORC series will be here for a good long time. The reason being they are working closely with the PDG. The Proffesional Drivers Group has been needed since the Inception of Off-Road Racing and it will keep Off-Road Growing into the Future as long as there are men like the PDG board members associated with it. I dont want to single anyone out or forget anyone so I wont mention any names.
You will see alot of enthousiasm and Improvements in Bark River & I am sure at all TORC Races.

Well I'm sure all you guys that volunteer so much of your time don't get enough thank yous. So Thank You for giving the racers world class tracks to race at and us fans some great entertainment.