Expedition Lift

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Who has their Expeditions lifted? Do you like it? What size tires and lift, etc.? Getting a 2WD 2003 and was wondering who makes what. I have searched the net a little bit but haven't found much. Want to stick with as close to stock ride as possible (it's for the Mrs.). Thanks.

Brannon

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
There's nothing available yet, lift wise, for the 2003, just wanted to hear some thoughts from people who have lifted Expeditions. Thanks.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Do what Ace mtorsports did...King coilvers all the way around!!! She would enjoy that.

slimjim

Reaction
i was gonna bring up a similar topic for the 2003 expedition- anybody know if you can add a couple inches with new springs, and align it? and what size tires can you fit?

Regeeno

Reaction
Don't the new expeditions have IRS just like the new exploders? I don't know that there will be too many people yet with a lift on one of those. The Ford SUVs have gone more car-like it seems.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
We had an 03 Explorer 4wd 4wheel A arm for SEMA last year that our marketing dept. had lifted. It had some crappy aftermarket coilvoers that I think were for a civic or something and the spring rate and valving were no where near sufficient so it was very unsafe and rode like a big $30k pile of crap...lucky ford gives us these cars!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
The new Expeditions are double wishbone and spindles on all four corners. Don't think anyone will have any lift for it for a few months. The coilovers might not be in the budget

desertracer

Reaction
My dad got a 2003 expedition back in july 2002 and he looked all over just to get rims for the thing but nobody makes them yet. We actually took it to Bruce Landfield, Roll-a-Long 7s guy, and had some other goodies put on it but he could not find any rims for it, besides a few 20'' and 22'' styles that would not work to well off-road. Bruce actually tried to fit a bigger tire on it but he could not get it to work. With 31,000 miles on it now everything still runs strong.

Paige

Reaction
Yes we have one that is on my expedition, it is it is a 1 1/4" leveling spacer and doesn't ruin the ride at all - and currently Dylan is coming up with a bad ass full performance 2 1/2" coil kit for the 2003's that will be ready by SEMA. Any Q's call Dylan at 714-632-3033 ext 29.

Project1500

Reaction
Whiplash, Fullthrottle etc are probably going to make 10+ drop down brackets front and rear. Gross!