Explorer Hubs

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Here is a pic of The new Ranger and Explorer 4x4 hubs we make. 7075 Aluminum with 12" rotors and Willwood Calipers.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The spindles on the 4x4 are way stron to begin with. But they have a few new part added to them as well as 4130 plate in the right spots :)

Thank you Kevin.

ntsqd

Reaction
Nice Caliper choice. ;)

Why bolt-on hubs instead of splined-in hubs ? Was it just the added cost of broaching the splines ?

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

RacerX

Reaction
Sorry Jerry....I meant to ask about the spindle snout. What did you do with it?

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The spindle snout is stock. They are very strong.
As for the spline hub Jason wants to be able to unlock the axles and lock the axles when he wants to. He found a Warn locking hub and made some cool parts inside:)

ntsqd

Reaction
Guess I wasn't clear. The locking hubs that spline into the wheel hub, as opposed to those that bolt onto the wheel hub, have far fewer problems with coming loose. Most of the jeep & IH crawler guys that still use 'small 'axles like D44's have problems with the bolts working loose. Studs don't seem to help. About the only method that seems to work with that design type are the cone washers that Toyota uses.
I don't know if this will be an issue for dez racing/prerunning or not.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Jerry,

Is the bolt pattern still Ranger/Exploder or is it F150 on the new hub? They look way nice and I might be coming your way for a set. Will you sell parts or is it all or nothing? I won't be using 4wd is why I ask.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5 like the F-150's. THey use ARP lugs I think they are 5/8.

SDranger

Reaction
Jerry,

I have a '97 ranger 4x4 w/auto hubs. Are there any other options for hubs besides the stock manual hub conversion? I would love to have that setup, but i dont have the money for that as well as new rims etc.

Thanks,
Paul

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125