• Forum membership has its advantages....

Explorer pre runner build questions.

bullnerd

I live in NJ so no desert experience, but I had a 2000 5.0 AWD.

First off, absolute blast to drive in the rain and snow. Could never get anyone to drag race in the rain.

I second the sucks to work under the hood part. I put on Torque monster headers, PIA!

I put on 31's and good stock shocks and drove the hell out of it on the trails and sand pits here in NJ with 4 people in it at almost all times.

Bought the truck for 2k and drove it for 9 hard years. Only thing that failed was the fuel pump.

Bert is my name

I want the torque monster headers. Besides the cost. They make an already tight engine bay look even worse. I don't know why this dude thinks he's saving money by putting a junkyard engine into a truck that never had that engine. Especially when the going rate for a v8 equipped explorer is under 3 grand. DUDE. Not talking ****. But if you can do it for less than buying a v8 equipped truck , you are on some bomb ass ****.

Bert is my name

I have a 2000 v8 2wd Eddie bauer. Yes. It would make for a fun prerunner/broverland type vehicle. But it's still not a well supported vehicle and I would not recommend it for a first build. Get a tanger, f150, fullsize bronco or some other well documented and supported truck.

Bert is my name

For sure. Come buy my junk. 3 days only. Then I'm too busy with work.

Labor day means that in not at work. So I can labor for the wife at hame.