EXPO

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
For those of us that could not make it to Vegas, how was the expo?? Was it the sand fest they said it would be??? Thanks

mustafa

Reaction
The show was really bad. There was no effort at all to make this show good. Le Duc's swap meet was way better than this. It was a waste of my time and money.
I was only a spectator though. Maybe some of the vendors could provide some input. I'll bet they say the same thing though. These people tried to cash in and make
a quick buck off of the other offoroad and sandsports shows and it was clearly evident. I didn't see Bill Markel at the show either. I thought he was the promoter of this.
You were lucky you didn't go.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
The Expo wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Racers Only and Got Sand? did better than we thought, but no where near what we usually do. If a different promoter takes over, I think this show has a lot of potental. For everyone who didn't go,it was half as big as the Off Road Expo last year and the Sand Sports super show was about 4 times bigger than this one. There was some cool stuff though, just not enough.

Terrie_Tavis

Reaction
Yeah, there was a small turn out of vendors and spectators (compared to the Off Road Expo). We had a great time however. It was nice to finally spend some time with Jen and Greg of Inland Prerunners...on race weekends, I'm so busy that I barely get a chance to say hello. ExtremeBuggies.com (the booth that displayed my car) got a lot of signatures on their petitions to help STOP the closure of Pismo (its next in line). If you're interested in obtaining more info on how you can help, go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.extremebuggies.com>www.extremebuggies.com</A>

Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!!

MikeOhlhausen

Reaction
I have to agree, it was a waste of time and money, we came out from Dallas, Texas just for the Expo and were majorly disappointed! The main problem is it just wasn't big enough.

Eric_Record

Reaction
The quality was there, just not the quantity. there was a huge open space for additional feature vehicles but there were only 5 or 6 on Sat and the same on sunday. at LEAST 20 or more vehicles could have been displayed. there was equal empty space in the back of the hall where the band stage was. percentage wise there were WAY more sand toys and vendors then desert racing toys. there was Damon Jefferies new Ford TT, 2 class 10's, Outlaws 5 unlimited, Art's two 5-1600's, Andy Kisner's class 9, REF unlimiteds sick rear engined full size Ford PU, Harris' black chev silverado rad prerunner, and the racing station wagon. tons of 4 and 5 seat sand cars from complete cars to just rollers or frames. and quads, quads, quads. the vendors were quality. but like everyone said, there just wasn't enough. the majority of the visitors came in on Saturday and attendance was down by about half on Sunday. some vendors I know made a tiny bit of money. and I know one that didn't even break even on the cost of his booth. Question of the day was, where is Bill M ??? I saw some "Mega Shows" shirts but that was it. the show was not a flop, but it wasn't the ORX either.

Go Desert Productions ~~~~~~~~~~ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.go-desert.com>http://www.go-desert.com</A>

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Well, we had a great time at the Vegas Show. There are a lot of IP/prerunners.com friends in the Vegas area I didn't even know we had!!! It was WAYYYYY cool to meet them and we're trying to set up an official IP meeting in Vegas very soon. We also saw a ton of our members out there and that's always cool because they rock. It is always nice running into the friends we've made in the offroad industry and we made a lot of new friends, too! We achieved what we set out to accomplish and that was to get the word out about us and have a good time. I know a lot of people were disappointed with the amount of vendors that showed up. I also heard some complaints that it wasn't promoted very well locally. I don't think anyone expected it to be as big as the Off-Road Expo...it's sort of in a class by itself. And I think a lot of vendors didn't go out there because they feel a loyalty to the Expo. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with having events like this in other areas if it can get more exposure to the local businesses. One person said that perhaps it CAN hurt because if a vendor goes out to a show and has a negative experience it might turn him off of doing another show (i.e the Off-Road Expo), but I dunno...the Expo is the Expo...it's going to do well no matter what and I seriously doubt anything will ever come close to it. I certainly didn't think of the Vegas show as competition for the Expo, just a smaller, more locally based event. Anyway, WE had a good time!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>