Extended steering for 94 Ranger.....

Reaction
Anybody make an affordable extended steering setup for a 94 2wd Ford ranger running a 5.5 inch "Bent" beam kit.......If I dont have to go to a full custom swing set style I would be happy......Ive thought about calling Superlift and seeing if their Super Runner kit would work since they sell a 5 inch 2wd bracket kit.......The kit came from Chassis Tech......It is a on road only truck, the most offroad this truck sees is driving around my yard or driving down a maintained washboarded dirt road in the country......

Here is a link to the kit thats on the ranger......

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/x2-ibe-fr5997.htm

steveG

Reaction
Just extend the stock adjusting sleeves.

fas_guy

Reaction
Yeah, Just take your stock sleeves cut them in half, the fit perfectly in 1 1/4" tube if i remember right :rolleyes:, tape measure align your truck, cut the 1 1/4 to the proper sizes, make sure your sleeve ends are pretty square to each other and weld em up, make sure the collars on the sleeve ends are loose and the tube fits them not too tightly or it'll be an s.o.b. to to get your tie rods back in them.

1450-ranger

Reaction
Yeah, Just take your stock sleeves cut them in half, the fit perfectly in 1 1/4" tube if i remember right :rolleyes:, tape measure align your truck, cut the 1 1/4 to the proper sizes, make sure your sleeve ends are pretty square to each other and weld em up, make sure the collars on the sleeve ends are loose and the tube fits them not too tightly or it'll be an s.o.b. to to get your tie rods back in them.
1.50 .120 tube