Extreme E - Ocean X Prix, Africa

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Between the format of the racing and all the commercials telling me how I'm killing the earth, melting glaciers, water bottles scattered on the beaches, gender equality being so problematic, etc.... I'm out.

I tune in to watch racing not be preached to about all the ills of the world, real or imaginary
Rumor is that in the interest of gender equality these UN-funded race events will mandate that the UN Council on Violence Against Women will investigate any instances of male drivers hitting female driver's vehicles.

jon coleman

Reaction
Rumor is that in the interest of gender equality these UN-funded race events will mandate that the UN Council on Violence Against Women will investigate any instances of male drivers hitting female driver's vehicles.
hmmm, but a savey ' male' pilot will switch genders before the board of inquiry convenes& therefore be off the hook😉

Tom_Willis

Reaction
hmmm, but a savey ' male' pilot will switch genders before the board of inquiry convenes& therefore be off the hook😉
Or, claim he was swerving, trying to avoid hitting an endangered species. Then they should go Full Retard; requiring that during the driver change they must first run around and fill a reusable grocery bag with trash. At the awards ceremony they can load all that trash on Rosbergs' $10M "electric yacht" (which features a Cummins diesel engine) so his accountants can figure out a way to sail around the world in luxury on the UN's dime.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
While trying to keep it amusing, remember who is ultimately paying the bills here: "The United States remains the largest donor to the United Nations, contributing more than $10 billion in 2017, roughly one fifth of the body's collective budget.". Yup, we're picking up the tab.

J Prich

Reaction
Can someone point me in the deduction of the connection between UN funding and these events? Aside from the series signing off on the UN’s climate change stuff, I’m not tracking on where the idea that the UN is somehow paying for and controlling this stuff came from.

putorkdforbaskat

Reaction
I watched the first race in Saudi Arabia and I thought it was "not for me" but for this second race I think the broadcast improved 100% and it was actually cool to watch! Im a big fan of rallying so the qualifying was very interesting to me and the races were also cool especially when Kyle Leduc was driving. Jeez that guys is a beast! I think Im giving this championship another chance cuz it was really fun to watch with a better broadcast, with more cameras filming the circuit, understanding the cars and teams a little more...
Its fun. Good!

putorkdforbaskat

Reaction
Between the format of the racing and all the commercials telling me how I'm killing the earth, melting glaciers, water bottles scattered on the beaches, gender equality being so problematic, etc.... I'm out.

I tune in to watch racing not be preached to about all the ills of the world, real or imaginary
Hahah So true! Its kinda like... Its a "Talk Show" about climate change and all those "green ideas" with some racing in the background. I hated the first race but I gave them another chance while waiting for the Indy500 and the MotoGP race and it was really fun! I skipped the bla bla bla parts and watched just the races. Im not sure what I think about electric cars but those cars look so hardcore on those rough tracks! Its fun! Im probably going to watch the other 3 races skipping the "bla bla bla" parts again haha

putorkdforbaskat

Reaction
Oh, BTW... Mitsubishi is returning its Ralliart program to motorsport and I wouldnt be surprised if they enter extreme-e. I know its probably going to be just a "bubble" shapedISH like a Mitsubishi but its interesting anyway.
Subaru also have a new eSUV in the works (Solterra - I heard it will be selled in europe first?) and, again, I will NOT be surprised if they also enter extreme-e with their "shapped bubble". So... it could be interesting. Hummer already have some stickers out there.. I bet they would allow Ford to have a "Pickup shaped bubble" if they ask politely haha. Lets see how this championship evolves

Tom_Willis

Reaction
"Extreme E’s commitment to sustainability and to the all-electric racing series was a key factor in working with KULR. Extreme E, a worldwide EV racing tour, is a signatory of the United Nations’ Sports for Climate Action Framework. The initiative, led by the UN’s Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), was born out of the 2015 Paris Agreement and calls on sporting organizations to acknowledge the contribution of the sports sector to climate change and their responsibility to strive towards climate neutrality for a safer planet."

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
Yeah, I got that part. But why does being a signatory to the UN initiative have to do with the UN funding and controlling any part of this series? What is the link between the two that I’m missing?

jon coleman

Reaction
Yeah, I got that part. But why does being a signatory to the UN initiative have to do with the UN funding and controlling any part of this series? What is the link between the two that I’m missing?
i cant understand why i have to pay Bruno& Luigi money so I can run my pizza parlor ' safely'

J Prich

Reaction
I’m just trying to clarify....there is no document, link etc that validates the claim the the UN is providing funding, pulling strings etc for this event, right? I understand you’re making that assumption, but there is nothing that states that right?

jon coleman

Reaction
help, im melting😱

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    372 bytes · Views: 13

Tom_Willis

Reaction
"Signatory to an agreement" here means a voluntary legal "Contract" between Corporations. A contract is an agreement between parties for an exchange of goods, services, or cash. Like the bumper stickers say; "Nobody rides for free".