Extreme E Saudi Arabia this weekend

Total Loss

Reaction
Good write up jay. I had skimmed it before, guess I should have read it before asking dumb questions. Looks like it was hard to get good chassis pictures. My thought process is on par with total loss, will those things hold up in Mexico?
For the record I hope the e series does well. Anything off-road, and electric needs all the support it can get.
I watched the preview show on tv...my SXS shocks and suspension arms look bigger...and the rear is a-arm in a short wheelbase car...reminds me of my gen 1 Rzr.

They also stated the battery was mounted to a subframe on the floor side...also no bueno...should be suspended from above...hate to land on a rock and do a Tesla splosion...

jon coleman

Reaction
no 'vroom vroom' noise, the bloke announcing was the loudest thing on my tv.😀, edit, its got two 👍👍from me!, cool to see desert being takin' advantage of by the big dollar dogs in the motorsport world, the cars dont look like they would be fun at Plaster City, sorta look like a bad handling 11 car

Last edited:

Dezertpilot

Reaction
they dont seem to be tuned all that well?

MTPyle

Reaction
Best part about this race is it shows how difficult what we do is. Imagine if only 50% of Nascar or F1 finished the race. Off-road racing is by far the most difficult Motorsport there is. Great to see it get some good exposure.

Mike

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Bummer there was no live or delayed broadcast on Youtube.

NIKAL

Reaction
Not my cup of tea, yet. They are human sized RC cars, I may warm up to it eventually.
I agree, I’m not impressed. Sounds just like a RC car. They don’t look that fast, but probably feel fast as they don’t look to handle very well. The course looks to be more of a drag race then an off road race.

While we all know Kyles got the talent, he’s not showing it with two bonehead moves this weekend. The whole US team is not showing their off road expertise, that for sure.

jon coleman

Reaction
has a euro - road race feel to it, dont think Rufus or A. J. would fit in here, too bad we Yanks cant get them to come here&check out Barstow, or PC...( note , Kyle made this video watchable😉👌

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
Yeah because those massive lithium mines burning all that diesel fuel to dig out the necessary lithium for the batteries is contributing to saving the planet so much!
and what about All the energy used and c02 produced to fixx Kyle's car???, i think this race caused More man made climate change, i mean look at the volcanoes the just errupted in Italy, definitely this E racings fault...

Total Loss

Reaction
But the hefe of the series says he is converting his big E MOTHER SHIP to "green"...lol.
Where they go next?
Greenland that used to be green and now its melting again and going back? So we can call it Greenland again?
Amazon where they are burning the jungles to plant other green things?
Dakar to clean up the plastic trash? (thats global idiocy...not warming...but who is counting)

I know...I know...off to Purple hell for me...

jon coleman

Reaction
they should go race in down town Minneapolis after the geo floyd not guilty verdict is read, if you make it through the bombed out zommbie waste land un scathed, you win( edit, rDc, lets hear the phat choice for these guys to race, i like Barstow on July 4th, we can listen to the euro racers cry for help...

Last edited:

NIKAL

Reaction
Saw this on Autoog.

“Extreme E aims to highlight climate change and promote sustainability by racing in remote parts of the world affected by global warming or suffering environmental damage.”

How is E racing in places around the world “suffering environmental damage” making a difference or doing anything but adding to the damage? This whole thing is a scam & they are just taking advantage of these places for their gain, just like most so called environmentalists.

Last edited: