Extreme E Saudi Arabia this weekend

J Prich

Reaction
Turns out there is a whole sub forum dedicated to bitching and moaning about politics that you guys can go complain about stuff in. Why not start a conversation there so you can guys can wrap yourselves around that axle and leave this discussion for you know, the actual racing.

Total Loss

Reaction
Follow the dinero...or Euro...

Tube ride

Reaction
73452CCA-E105-45B2-AEBB-04EAAE7A9E87.jpegKyle should tap in Caitlyn

ltr450rider

Reaction
I'll bring it back to racing with this thought:

Is anyone else a little disappointed with how the video looks with Kyle taking out the other car on course?

I am not trying to bash Kyle here, I think he is one of the best drivers in off-road racing. I think he may have got a little too "Baja" with that move and it ended badly for both competitors. The video makes Kyle look like the "brash American driver with no regard or respect for his competitors" as some might see it. I have to partially agree with that statement based on that video clip.

I think Kyle made a mistake and miscalculated the maneuver, he mentioned the "boost" came on in his instagram post on Fish's post. Said he was not quite expecting the boost to come on right then. Wherever the miscalculation was made, I see it as a bit of a black eye on the Ganassi effort in the world view.

J Prich

Reaction
I'll bring it back to racing with this thought:

Is anyone else a little disappointed with how the video looks with Kyle taking out the other car on course?

I am not trying to bash Kyle here, I think he is one of the best drivers in off-road racing. I think he may have got a little too "Baja" with that move and it ended badly for both competitors. The video makes Kyle look like the "brash American driver with no regard or respect for his competitors" as some might see it. I have to partially agree with that statement based on that video clip.

I think Kyle made a mistake and miscalculated the maneuver, he mentioned the "boost" came on in his instagram post on Fish's post. Said he was not quite expecting the boost to come on right then. Wherever the miscalculation was made, I see it as a bit of a black eye on the Ganassi effort in the world view.
I would agree with you in the near term but that's the beauty of series racing. Kyle and Sara can find redemption at the next event. They have plenty of talent and I imagine the Ganassi team has their poop in a group. I think Kyle and Sara have a great opportunity to compete for wins based on their experience in these kinds of terrains. It's a learning curve for all involved with car, set up, course, etc and I think Kyle is a hard charger that will learn from this and improve.

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Personally, and I don't have cable so I wasn't able to watch the whole show, but there was so little information given in the Youtube Highlights vid that when that happened, and then they cut two seconds later to something else, I was left wondering, "What the hell just happened?". Actually, I felt that way through the whole thing, that's why I was disappointed I couldn't watch a longer broadcast (that's what I get for being too cheap to pay for TV). I guess I need to go back and watch the rest of the Youtube vids to understand the racing format.

jon coleman

Reaction
didn't Kyle hit someone that crashed/ had a moment there earlier?, the driver was being cautious, Kyle wasnt ready for a ' balk', happens in road racing allot, your expecting one thing and another happens that quick, still optics look bad for Kyle

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
With the landscape and the in-car view I really wanted to hear someone in the car yell, "Now this is pod racing!!!"
jajajajajaja that would have been awesome

RacerX

Reaction
Kyle was fast. If you watch all of the races, Kyle was the only one to make up time on a car ahead of him. In all of the races, whoever made it to the first turn first won the race. The dust was just really bad. Sara got a the jump off the line using the power boost but the other driver used his power boost just ahead of turn 1 to take the lead. Sara was just caught in the dust and dropped time like everyone else did behind the lead car. Kyle made up a ton of time and was pushing to win in order to advance. He wasn't expecting a car in clean air to slow down like they did. You can see in the video how slow she was going. It was unfortunate but it was not Kyles fault even though the videos make it look that way.

I don't think there power steering issue during qualifying was a result of Kyle crash during practice. Sebastian Loeb and another driver had power steering issues on race day. Loeb made comments that the vendor need to get the problem fixed.

The other teams should be concerned on how fast Kyle was in the desert and the dust. If the next races are dust free....look out.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
So I am guessing the battery packages are probably good for 15 minutes of flat out racing in those cars (130 kmh is not TT fast at all) so they cushion them 20%, 12 minute races.

NIKAL

Reaction
Following on IG is not a good measure of success. IG is a trend. As soon as people watch one or two events and if the crashes quit happening, or the cars keep breaking, or these big teams start having to really pay to play, and disappear. The followers will lose interests. Right now they have big names racing cars or “running teams”. The followers come from following those big names, not Extreme RC Car racing.

jon coleman

Reaction
Following on IG is not a good measure of success. IG is a trend. As soon as people watch one or two events and if the crashes quit happening, or the cars keep breaking, or these big teams start having to really pay to play, and disappear. The followers will lose interests. Right now they have big names racing cars or “running teams”. The followers come from following those big names, not Extreme RC Car racing.
if we ( the off road racing community) could only be more shallow& flakey like the Kardashian's, Then sm might be a place to make money, but the last time i checked hard work & dedication aint what the kids are into lately