Extreme E Saudi Arabia this weekend

51rcr

Reaction
they have 100k followers on IG after 1 race.
Took score 50 years to get to 150k :)

This series is the future if they can keep the funding !

i think lots of these make it easy $$$$$$$$$$ i dont know how many to add or commas. Now be interesting to compare how many years worth of Score $ it would take to make one years worth of this

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
they have 100k followers on IG after 1 race.
Took score 50 years to get to 150k :)

This series is the future if they can keep the funding !
And I still proffer spectating a SCORE race over this new series. I like the technology of the vehicles though. The only reason I clicked on anything.
Also this is by design a virtual series. You will only be able to spectate via a screen while SCORE welcomes and encourages you to stand trackside to watch.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
And I still proffer spectating a SCORE race over this new series. I like the technology of the vehicles though. The only reason I clicked on anything.
Also this is by design a virtual series. You will only be able to spectate via a screen while SCORE welcomes and encourages you to stand trackside to watch.
And witness the actual speed, feel the horsepower vibrate through your body as you get blasted by dirt and rocks as the first over all TT goes by, or help push the class 11 stuck in the silt out on its way to the class win. Mo one gets that in just about every other form of racing.

mexgamer

Reaction
Ugh, for politics go to that specific forum, here let's talk racing.
I'm watching the videos on YouTube now; it looks fun, Sarah Price and Kyle Leduc driving the HummerEV-sponsored car are legit representation for team North America. Who here doubts their talent, and the history of Chip Ganassi Racing?

jon coleman

Reaction
Ugh, for politics go to that specific forum, here let's talk racing.
I'm watching the videos on YouTube now; it looks fun, Sarah Price and Kyle Leduc driving the HummerEV-sponsored car are legit representation for team North America. Who here doubts their talent, and the history of Chip Ganassi Racing?
absolutely, but when purple politics diktate the racing format, its hard to differentiate, like talking sports& colin kapernik's name comes up, & you try Not to talk politics, really really hard lately, its American white male's fault for Everything nowadays, im sick of it too bro

mexgamer

Reaction
absolutely, but when purple politics diktate the racing format, its hard to differentiate, like talking sports& colin kapernik's name comes up, & you try Not to talk politics, really really hard lately, its American white male's fault for Everything nowadays, im sick of it too bro
It's a short course Raid-style series, basically this is to Rally Raid what Rallycross is to Rally, kinda. The environmental part is just a way to get sponsors and exposure, nothing more. In that sense, who cares, as long as there's good racing. That comeback from Kyle Leduc was fun to watch, sad it ended in a crash, but you know the saying: checkers or wreckers lol

jon coleman

Reaction
these cars are perfect for x games style arena/stadium side by side , with joker lines& big cross over jumps, thanksgiving Gordons well sand drag races just dont do it for me

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Following on IG is not a good measure of success. IG is a trend. As soon as people watch one or two events and if the crashes quit happening, or the cars keep breaking, or these big teams start having to really pay to play, and disappear. The followers will lose interests. Right now they have big names racing cars or “running teams”. The followers come from following those big names, not Extreme RC Car racing.
Should we check VHS sales for the series ?
Trends are just that a way to see interest of an event. Have you heard of google trends? trending on twitter?

TrophyBurro

Reaction
if we ( the off road racing community) could only be more shallow& flakey like the Kardashian's, Then sm might be a place to make money, but the last time i checked hard work & dedication aint what the kids are into lately
Just because that is what reaches mainsteam does not mean that is all that is popular. Plenty of hard working positive kids are killing it on social
Games getting fun.. Look at Cleetus., Adam LZ, Ken Block. Pastrana.

need I go on?

TrophyBurro

Reaction
i think lots of these make it easy $$$$$$$$$$ i dont know how many to add or commas. Now be interesting to compare how many years worth of Score $ it would take to make one years worth of this
Not sure what you mean. ?

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Me too. Nothing will ever beat a 1000HP TT and the noise and power as it passes you while camping out in Baja

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Me too. Nothing will ever beat a 1000HP TT and the noise and power as it passes you while camping out in Baja
Yeah the noise of real engines is nice however the biggest turn of for me on the series is the exclusiveness instead inclusiveness. I might as well watch someone else play a video game if the only way for me to follow it is via pixels. Once short course racing goes electric (it will) it will be epic to see the acceleration, actually hear the announcer, hear tire grip, suspension, fenders rubbing etc... putting a tight fence around your series and measuring its success by clicks to me is the no no.

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Yeah the noise of real engines is nice however the biggest turn of for me on the series is the exclusiveness instead inclusiveness. I might as well watch someone else play a video game if the only way for me to follow it is via pixels. Once short course racing goes electric (it will) it will be epic to see the acceleration, actually hear the announcer, hear tire grip, suspension, fenders rubbing etc... putting a tight fence around your series and measuring its success by clicks to me is the no no.
Problem is what works for fans is not always the same that works for biz side.

If BFG can reach 1million people and track all those clicks down to sales online its lot easier to dump money in
vs trying to gauge return on branding in Baja.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Problem is what works for fans is not always the same that works for biz side.

If BFG can reach 1million people and track all those clicks down to sales online its lot easier to dump money in
vs trying to gauge return on branding in Baja.
They used to call it bean counting... what is it called now a days ?

E.Hagle

Reaction
SCORE or Baja racing doesn’t seem to be within the same spectrum of fan base. I think a hefty percentage of guys down here have never had an Instagram account in their life.

51rcr

Reaction
Not sure what you mean. ?
the amount of dollars they put into the whole thing in one year to translate to there followers numbers. They prolly spent many years worth of scores budget in one year.

Now to keep them engage like scores followers.

johndjmix

Reaction

Well said. The electrics in a short course will be epic. The amazing acceleration will make for long jumps right out of corners, MX style.

Also, the inclusiveness - many of us would love to get in on that series in some way, but we can’t.

And the sound of a gas motor, a 1000HP TT, I love it. I will miss that the day everything is electric. I guess we all just have to see how this electric thing pans out.

—john