• Forum membership has its advantages....

Extreme Performance class 1

Dezertpilot

Looking really good! Diggin the dual spares!

Forty1Racing

The design flows really well. Thumbs up!

SPROCKET

NICE!
the 2 spare is a nice option for longer races, I would recommend that the exhaust exit not stick out past the rear cage(those class 1 guy are hard on front and rear bumpers)

CRAIG_HALL

Allan looks great. Too busy to see in person the other nite. Off getting the body done now ?

Thanks for the replies

The 2 spares are only for long races and the exhaust will be cut back as soon as we finish the rear paneling.

Car specs

125" wheel base
27" front wheel travel with 5 1/2" ground clearence at full compression
25" rear wheel travel with 3 1/2" ground clearence at full compression
94" track width
weight ?
gear one 2 1/2" front spindle hubs with 6 lug truck pattern
gear one series 30 center board hubs with 6 lug truck pattern
72 gallon fuel cell
mendeola s4d trans
extreme performance lsx 427

craig not of to body yet trying to figure out who we want to do it. we have talked to trailer products, mike mc queen, and jason at fiberworks . if you get a chance swing by.

later allan

motorhead

I love how everything is packaged close to the rear axle center line, should make the car very responsive and fun to drive. I want to build a buggy like yours so bad but can't afford the $10K transaxles. Do you plan to add any roof structure tubing wise? Have you weighed the car yet?

tigengineer

this is a nice looking car, i would like to see some more detailed pics if you could, and also i was wondering about the 25 inches of wheel travel in the rear, i have been around many jimcos, porters, Alumicraft and alpha class 1 cars that have at best 20 inches of "REAL" travel, how are you able to get so much more, whats your cv angle at the 25 inches, Thanks

rc-jay

25 is not hard when the car is 94 inches wide. Racer eng. has 25 1/4 in the rear of there cars. theres are also 94-96 inches wide in the rear. Cv angle at 24 deg.

tigengineer

25 is not hard when the car is 94 inches wide. Racer eng. has 25 1/4 in the rear of there cars. theres are also 94-96 inches wide in the rear. Cv angle at 24 deg.
it says in the RDC article that the car is 98 inches wide in the rear....

Not sure what article but car has went through several design changes along the way however track width is 94" front and rear and -24deg at full drop and +14.68deg at full compression which is 38.68deg total movement. Car uses series 30 center board hubs and custom walker wheels with 6.5" back spacing.

Thanks Allan Nimmo

Jerry Zaiden

this is a nice looking car, i would like to see some more detailed pics if you could, and also i was wondering about the 25 inches of wheel travel in the rear, i have been around many jimcos, porters, Alumicraft and alpha class 1 cars that have at best 20 inches of "REAL" travel, how are you able to get so much more, whats your cv angle at the 25 inches, Thanks
This is very true....

Most high end desert race cars/buggies set there angle to max around 21 deg. This is why they get a "REAL" 19-20" of travel. In the sand car world they set there angles up to 24" because they do not see the length of abuse a desert race car sees. Now there are no rules of how much angle you can have it all comes down to what works/lasts. if you want to set up your car with 24deg and get the extra travel then you might get to the finish line faster. But you will have the chances of cv failure.

My car has a 90" rear trackwidth and Pro-Am mid bore 934 micro stubs. I get 19" of real travel 3" off the ground. Jason's new car runs the new Pro-Am outboard CV hubs and he will set his car up close to 24 deg as it will be used more as a play car with lower HP. He will get around 25" of travel.

FABRICATOR

Nice! Very simple with a refreshing absence of bling. A race car that looks like a race car, instead of something by Versace. :)

Lance

it says in the RDC article that the car is 98 inches wide in the rear....
its 94 in the rear and 92 in the front klaus wrote it down wrong

And the car looks good Alan, looks good since the last time i seen it.

RCinqMars

series 30 is the difference, RACER cars utilize the same hub/cv package....great choice. Are you running 934 inners? or can you adapt the series 30 too a mendeola? I have only seen Albins

....any idea when it will debut? SCORE or BITD?