extreme show this weekend

Speedynot

Reaction
Is there and Off-road show at OC Fairgrounds this weekend and is it worth driving from Phoenix to go see it?

aiiraciing

Reaction
Is there and Off-road show at OC Fairgrounds this weekend and is it worth driving from Phoenix to go see it?
That all depends on what you are into, I only go to this show if I have free tickets and usually only spend 2-3 hours looking over the rediculas amounts of chrome on sandcars, and I live 10 minutes from the fair grounds. Same goes with most that are into dezert racing, now if your into sandcars and Rhino's this show is for you and it may be worth it to you to make that drive...

Here's the bad part, rumor has it that this is going to be a very small show compared to the last few years due to the economy

fatnbald

Reaction
the weather is real nice here in s.c. and if you are going to make a weekend out of it i would say it is worth it. the show is close to the beach, newport etc. with great bars and what not. you could spend six to eight hours at the show and have plenty of time to enjoy the area also.
maybe i am just biased.
i wanna say that the majority of exhibitors pre paid their fees ten or so months ago before the junk hit the fan (at least we did) and there are no refunds.
hope to c u there.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
You should go; this show has a mix of everything and not just one type of industry.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Geoff is right, DP & RDC has had a booth at this show for the last 5 years or so and it is always as big as the Sand Sports show in September. It's definitely a mix of everything instead of mostly sand cars. We will be there with all of our DVDs and shirts for sale. Just got a new batch of RDC classic and RDcate shirts in so we will be stocked for the show.

metalcore_xxx

Reaction
I think it is worth it. It is a mix of everything. But there is good vendors there. Get there early and they have lots of giveaways, that make it well worth the admission price. They have stuff to watch too. In the past I've seen the motorcycle ball, trophy kart/pitbike races, monster trucks, and trials riding. No show is as fun as going to a race, but you will have a good time, and the opportunity to buy something good.

MALIBLOC

Reaction
The show is great, these so much stuff , and yes Vendors are down, but so what, come and stimulate the economy by buying beer and I guarentee that people will be blowning things out. Keep in mind the vendors want your business so bad that the first day they will be helpful of course, but if I was a salesguys there, I would make deals left and right!!
Powertank always has killer deals!! about a 100 bucks of retail at least!

My family and I will go!

buddy crisp

Reaction
Yeah if you can get there early it is more than worth it, heck you practically get paid to go, free T-shirt (first 250) free tix to the sXs races, a free hair cut? yes a free hair cut to the first couple hundred, free dvd's at some booths in the first hour. Hey even Curtis is giving some freebies away (for 20 bucks!!!) just playing Curtis.
And ahh yes the eyeball candy....did I mention it is very warm here in So. Cal. right now!!!!
See you at the show!!!!

JMS

Reaction
Its a cool show, its worth going...ahh yes the eye candy...cant wait!

DIRTALLIANCE

Reaction
This show is awesome - What else are you gonna do this weekend?

If your close to OC - Get on out there - It's that simple ;)

Dirt Alliance will be rockin it as always - Come find us for some freebies & to play with some RC Cars!!

zjohnson

Reaction
The show is cool, support the off roading community by showing up. There are a lot of sandcars, but also some racecars, come by the MAD racing booth and check out the mini buggies if you go to the show, might even have the 10 car in booth if there is enough space . . .

Giant Geoff

Reaction
For those of you that are going, stop by the Giant both out side and come see the newly built truck of Matt Lovell, it is very nice on the eyes, plus Anderson Brother’s updated 7200/class 6. We will have the Weld It Yourself link arms, pivots and ?beams? at a show discount. Also 2 YFZ 450 quads for sale at a low price.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
I will be there sometime this weekend. Not sure which day, but I will stop by and say at all the RDC related booths

BajaBronco13

Reaction
I was a little disappointed this year. The rumors that it was going to be a small show were exactly right. I try to support the off road industry as much as possible but I think I'm going to remove this show off my calendar. Show was less then half the size of last year's and most of the vendor spots in each of the four buildings were not full.

Though to look on the bright side you could take a picture without a million people standing in front of your shot looking at the rig.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Theres also a pretty big turnout for the race in Lucerne this weekend. Like someone said nothing better than being at a race.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
did anyone have good time at extreme show ?
I had a good time. Worked the DP/RDC booth on Saturday had my daughter helping out, we did not get too much time to walk around. It was a small show but anytime you get to check out cool stuff and catch up with people you usually only see at races is a good time.

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
I had a good time. Worked the DP/RDC booth on Saturday had my daughter helping out, we did not get too much time to walk around. It was a small show but anytime you get to check out cool stuff and catch up with people you usually only see at races is a good time.
i will be in baja this week come down

JMS

Reaction
These times are even more important to go to these shows and support our sport! the less people show up the less vendors will want to support the show and eventually we may loose great shows like this and others, if we all go out and spend a few bucks we can turn around this media induced recession!

The show was small but still entertaining, I had a good time and always have at this show, hopefully next year it will back to being as big or even bigger than it was last year