F-150 4wd Beams

AaronDixon

I believe there where two different spindle/hubs offered on the 4wd F150, right? Like 80-88 and 89-on? Is one better, stronger, cheaper parts, than the other? Also, where is the best place to get some longer axles made? Any info would be great.

partybarge_pilot

there are thre different versions. 80-mid87, late87-late88, 89-up. The 87-88's had different ones for limited slip diffs also, these are the strongest but are very rare and expensive. New spindle snout from ford, 405$. Axel's are also different lenghts for the 87-88's, same before and after ( I think)......

partybarge_pilot

"The 87-88's had different ones for limited slip diffs also, these are the strongest but are very rare and expensive."

The 4X hubs are dealer items also, 245$ a piece.

A better solution would be to retrofit a jimco spindle to the beam. They are very close in size and the center can be bored to size for the axle roller bearing. All you need is a custom 5 on 5.5 hub and rotor combo...... I making some right now........ Or you could just bolt it up to a coustom mount that would take a real brake caliper...... Hmmm, I'm making a set of those to.......