F-150 4X4 Dimensions

Ryno

Reaction
I'm looking for dimensions on the f-150's with TTB's. I need the outside to outside frame, overall length disc to disc of the Beams, or a similar total front length measurement. Thanks ahead of time!

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

billymanfroy

Reaction
Ryno,

I just got the same thing for a Ranger from a buddy. The easiest way is to get the chassis specs from a body shop. I couldn't find them online anywhere, so I asked one of my crew who works at a dealership. They have all the specs so they can straighten bent frames and get all the important chassis points lined up with the body again. PM me if you don't have any luck and I'll try and get the info from him.

BTW, what year?

Billy

Ryno

Reaction
Year really doesn't matter...unless they changed the mounting points of the 4X4 Beams. I'm looking into swapping Beams onto my Chevy, and want to see how it would all line up, and how much welding, custom bracketry, etc is involved. I see the best of both worlds, and my transfer case still lines up. I want to keep 4wd, but not have to worry about whether the front end can take a little night cruising in Ocotillo....I know for sure the Chevy IFS can't hang, and I don;t even come close to beating my truck.

Ryno

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Frame width where the radius arms mount = 36"
Flange to flange on a stock truck in the front = 65" give or take a little, it's an I-beam.......

jeff

Reaction
Hey Ryno...

I'll hopefully be getting rid of my 4x beams here pretty soon. Beams and 3rd member complete with axle shafts. Not sure about the hubs yet though... if you want them they are yours for a song. I have stock radius arms but no mounts if you need those too.

Aloha

sirhk100

Reaction
Ryno,

Not to change subjects but what are your Thanksgiving plans? I'll be at Ocotillo wed-sun with the exception of Sat. We're taking the trucks to Glamis for the day but will be back Sat. evening.

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

Ryno

Reaction
Khris-

I'm going out to Ocotillo on that Thursday night or Friday. I'll either be camped back off Split Mtn by the lake bed, or by the slabs. PM so we can trade cell phone #'s.

Ryno

Ryno

Reaction
Jeff-

I'm going to need complete beams and third member. As far as the arms, I'm planning on getting a Camburg set, and making some mounts for them, or using camburg mounts if they sell them. I'm trying to keep is simple as possible. What ratio is your third member? Are you keeping 4wd or going to 2wd? When you're ready to unload them, let me know. Thanks for looking out.

Ryno

jeff

Reaction
Not sure what the front gear set is... probably something pretty high - wouldn't surprise me if they are 3.55's - just let me know when you want the stuff. At the very least you can use them as cores if you go with a ready-to-install modified beam from someone like Camburg.

Hell yes I'm keeping 4wd. I wouldn't build a fullsize prerunner/chaser without it. If I pull enough 2wd people out I can eventually pay for the Bronco buildup in free beer. At least that's the idea.

Aloha

Ryno

Reaction
Jeff-

what are you going to put up front then? Solid Dana 60? I'm in the same boat...I think the one time I went to the desert with no beer (I was welfare broke), I came home with 3 cases after drinking about 4, all due to pulling people out. It's a beautiful thing. =)

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Ryno, Prep By Jake in San Clemente did this exact swap and it came out bitchin. If I am not mistaken they used a ford front frame and just welded it on the chevy and modified motor mounts. But I heard the transfer case and driveline lined up perfectly with the i-beam 3rd member. I am sure Brandon can shed some more light on it.

"faster than it looks"

Ryno

Reaction
John-

I think I've talked to you about that swap before. I'm really looking to keep my frame intact. I am more than happy to weld on brackets/ crossmember to have the beams work. If Jamie or Brandon would PM me, it would be great. Thanks again John. How is life in the new casa?

Ryno

Ryno

Reaction
Jr-

My buddy....Why not just buy the older style, and build it? The 5.8 and 5.0 are way cheaper/ easier to mod than the new 4.s**t liter. =) You also are dealing with less stringent emissions from 95 and under. Just my .02

Ryno

PS-would you like to place a friendly wager on Arnold Vs. the Herbst Boys....(Chevy Vs. Ford)??

bpthirteen

Reaction
Yeah, Jake did that to Noah Pikes truck. It turned out really nice. He cut off the entire front of the frame and attached the front end from a Bronco. You get the best of both worlds. Chevy motor with Twin-traction beams. There was quite a bit of fab work, but you could never get the same wheel travel from a Chevy IFS system. The front drive line was not a problem.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
No but I'll take Arnold v. PCI or Enduro! Actually, Arnold ownes Baja. That is one kick a$$ Chevy, not to mention the guy who drives it!

I already have a 98 and there is no way I'm parting with it!

Good luck with your conversion and post some picks of it when you get them.

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I 'll take Arnold versus Ironman Damon!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

jeff

Reaction
Ryno,

Wider beams my good man... W I D E R B E A M S. If I swapped to a straight axle up front I'd have to get a gun rack and start packin fat chaws. I don't want a gun rack and I hate tabacco. I don't want to get too excited but I hope to get the wider beams pretty soon - next week or so. They are being pulled off a 4x4 that is being converted to 2x4.

Aloha