• Forum membership has its advantages....

F-150 Buildup

Jack

Isn't that the same numbers you can get from the Fabtech kit???

HAHA
ya right

Nice truck

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Air??? What AIR..........

<font color=red>1/4 mile king<font color=red>

rdc

Shaun I am waiting for my limiting straps.....As soon as I put them on I will go out and get some big air shots...I will add them to the webpage when I do

RacerX

I wonder how long the till the floating piston in the reservoir fails with the way the reservoir is mounted in there?

Greg

RacerX, please explain what you mean in your post about the mounting of the shock reservoir being relative to the longevity of the divding piston. Todd, that truck is soooo bad arse. Has to be one of the cleanest trucks around. i wish I took the time to do work that nice. You ever gonna race it in the prerunner class?

Greg

rdc

Thanks for the compliment Greg...I think Racer X is referring to way the hose clamp is holding the reservoir. I know you are supposed to mount them at the ends of the can but I took that picture in the buildup stage and had not had time to get to the extra clamps. I took the truck out on Wednesday night and the rear shocks need a little dialing but all I can say is what a difference. With the leaf spring set up I had before, no matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of the axle wrap. There is none of that now. I also noticed immediately how much better my front end works together with the 4 link. Tell me more about the prerunner class.

Greg

MDR has a class (1400&1450) that are designed to run "street legal trucks". All that you need are a cage, 5-point harness, a fuel cell, and a current registration. Class 1400 is a "pro" class that races for points and $, class 1450 is a reduced entry fee sportsman class that races for pride and trophys. Both classes run a reduced # of laps; like 250 miles of a 400 mile race. Trucks range from nearly stock to 4-linked monsters. Seems to be the future of desert racing as it is one of MDR's biggest classes and growing quickly. If you look at our site, prerunners.com, there are a bunch of pics of trucks that run the class, Dan Vance, Scott Spindola, Mark Growe, Carolyn Hines and many more. Also. if your ever in the neighborhood (inland empire/ riverside) around the first Sunday of the month you should bring your truck by our little gathering so other people can get a good look at a 4-linked f-150, something we have yet to stop by (strange, just about every kind of 4-linked truck has been there but an f-150, 8 rangers, 2 full-size chevys, toyotas, even a nissan but no f-150). Also, we usally go hit some man made jumps afterward just to see how things are working. Its a good place to dial in suspension too but no one has to jump its all voluntary, most people come just to watch anyway.

Greg

RacerX

I stand corrected then. I was implying the the floating piston would get crushed in the reservoir. But I now understand the way it was mounted during the build up. Hope everything works out well.

rdc

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the info. Yes I've been planning on making one of the meetings, Maybe August. I drop the truck off on Monday to do upholstery so little by little I'm getting it done. Where will the next meeting take place?

gary

the truck looks awesome, even though it's not a toyota!!!!!

haha-sweet truck, really

Donahoe

That looks really good Todd... You are going to have fun with that one...

NEVER LIFT!!!!!