• Forum membership has its advantages....

f-150 extra cab windows

amrein1743

Does anyone know if the "dual" windows in 86(?) - 91 f-150 extra cabs can come out and be replaced with the single window in the 92 - 96. The 86 - 91 look like it is a separate panel that comes out but I haven't looked at them up close. This is referring to the side windows, not the back window.

Thanks, Chris

baja619

If I am not mistaken, I thought those windows were just split by a plastic frame on the outside (and inside) of the window and it was actually just one window unit

partybarge_pilot

The newer glass is slightly larger as it sits farther out and flush with the side of the cab. Holy shnikys the new glass is expensive. I was qouted 350 a side for factory ones! anbody got any laying around they want to sell, I've got another truck to convert......

pphat

partybarge_pilot said:
I was qouted 350 a side for factory ones! anbody got any laying around they want to sell, I've got another truck to convert......
$350 is cheap... for 98 later Rangers w/ 4 doors in the rear, they want $400 plus to replace the glass in those little windows in the rear. Not sure how much of that is glass vs. installation... maybe they have to pull the door panel to replace it? Maybe I should call the Ford dealer and get a price on the window!

Scrapiron

I know that the local junk yards have a used glass place in the parking lot. If they don't already have it they will go in the junk yard and get it. It's a lot cheaper than new.

pphat

Good idea. There's one good junkyard up here (bay area) for late model trucks... I'll give 'em a call.
P