F-150 Rear suspension

yamadog77

Reaction
I need some suggestions on the best rear suspension setup. I have a 98' F-1 long travel suspension in the front. Currently it is being used as a daily driver so I dont wanna four-link it I dont think.

what to do?!

any suggestions?

Live fast..die slow..stand back..and let go...

Attachments

ntsqd

Reaction
Some quality replacement leaves if you can't fab.
Some quality longer leaves if you can fab the mounts for them.
Quality dampers of your brand choice. Rancho doesn't count.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
No offense, but if its a daily driver why did you put those super wide arms with coilovers? You should have kept it stock or close to. In order to match the front, you need to at least put some LT leaves and a bed cage. No matter what you do, its not gonna be that good of a daily driver. Looks killer though. Save up and buy some beater for daily driving and get then get crazy on the F1.

In_the_works

Reaction
1992F150, I love that avatar AND signature. LOL. Anyways, how much wider per side are those arms? And is it a good idea to have those C/Os mounted at such and extreme angle?

yamadog77

Reaction
The Arms are about 7" over. A shop named "off the hook" built it. I do not really recomend them but I think they did a good job on my truck. So, when I get the new Leafs ( what kind?) would you recomend shock hoops, or what?

Live fast..die slow..stand back..and let go..

yamadog77

Reaction
Right on..thanks for the help.. I think Im gonna go pick those up

drtdevil93

Reaction
to clarify things: those prices are incorrect. they are from a distributor that didnt realize he isnt allowed to do that. he was contacted, and the problem was fixed.

to be fair, all of our distributors sell ours springs for approx the same price. this allows everyone to make a buck. if prices are allowed to do what they will, the little guys wont be able to compete with the prices the big guys can do, and they will suffer. i hope everyone understands.

erik

In_the_works

Reaction
I'm more than a little disappointed to hear that, I guess the springs will just have to wait longer.

yamadog77

Reaction
ohh man, I was gonna go get those this week.
anyone else have any good suggestions, I need some springs!

In_the_works

Reaction
I hear ya, used or cheap f150 springs are hard to find. That was where my paycheck was gonna go.

drtdevil93

Reaction
our f150 spring goes for approx. $595. these are awesome springs, and are definitely well worth it.

erik

Just4Fun

Reaction
Sorry guys, but that was the best buy i'de ever gotten on springs. Yes, as eric said; they do cycle and ride very smooth. Finally found something that will stay under my bed and almost keep up with my front. Just need to see about the pinion angle change. And to the guy with the way wide f150 you might as well link the truck so you can put a wider rearend to come close to matching the front.
Jason
P.M. Fabrication

tedmales

Reaction
kinda off the subject, but does deaver make big lift springs. a guy stopped me today and asked about my excursion springs. i told him to check out another shop. the guy who made my springs stood by his work, it just took him 8 tries. this guy wants 14" lift springs for an 80 toy. i know national used to make them from way back in the day, but i have heard that thier work has slid an little in more recent times.

drtdevil93

Reaction
the most we like to do is 6", and the most we will normally do is 8". if you have an excursion or superduty, you can get the edge setup which is our 8" spring and a 4.5" hanger for 12.5" of lift. we arent really interested in the huge monster lift stuff. we typically refer people who want that kind of lift to atlas or national.

erik

tedmales

Reaction
i tolf the guy you guys did long travel, but i had not heard of anything real tall. thanks