On Topic F.B. Rant

tooltime

Reaction
At the risk of making many friends and associates upset, I have come across a disturbing trend with the Off Road chats on FB and other social media. We all love the sport of off road racing, and love to engage in chat topics on social media. Yet, the current trend of nearly all Old School Off Road pictures and chats on FB is all in Spanish. This itself is not really the problem. The real problem in many opinions is when one attempts to "Translate." When you try and read the translated topic, you cant even understand what the poster is trying to say due to all the strange and grammatical errors. We now have to translate the translation!. So now, not only do we have to translate the foreign message, we now have to decipher the translated grammar into something we can understand. Its becoming frustrating and a trend in segregation.
We all love desert racing, so whats the chances of our community using a standard form of communication? This way EVERYONE can participate and engage folks from all over regarding the sport we all love. Lets not leave anyone out!

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I'm just kidding... Well kinda but the best/only way to understand is to learn.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
The guys behind the page are great guys and always willing to be positive and proactive, for that, I don't see why anything needs to change.

The Spanish language is as much a part of our sport as anything.. I would suggest unliking the fan page and starting your own version but in English, it's super easy..

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction

johndjmix

Reaction
Remember also, quite a few people have left Facebook...as have I.

Stick to race dezert.

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

tooltime

Reaction
More or less. We were hanging out catching up on our off road posts when we were checking out the translations as compared to the actual original message. Thats where my buddy came up with the line, "wait, what, now we have to translate the translation?" I have made tone of friends in the off road community, and its cool when everyone can get along at events, make new friends and talk shop. Thats one of the things we have always loved about this sport.

green787

Reaction
You should be crucified on RDC for your OP.... But, anyway...... You need to emerse yourself in the language..... Spend the night at Papas & Beers.... Learn how to say Ignition Switch in Latin.....
Papas and Beer.jpg