F*'n Chase Bank

MikeLeung

Reaction
After years of being a loyal customer...They jacked my credit card rate from 9% to 29.99%. This after being late on one payment.

KylesDad

Reaction
Yep, and they probably charged you a hefty late fee. They wait for someone with a lower rate to make one mistake and then nail'em.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
I just had Chevron charge me a $10 late fee and 1 day interest of $.75
for a payment ($38.61) that was due on the 25th (sat.) of last month
received it on monday.
Just sent the $$ today with 2 pcs. of my card.
Dirty bastads....

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Dont do credit cards! Its just another TAX!

Reaction
After years of being a loyal customer...They jacked my credit card rate from 9% to 29.99%. This after being late on one payment.

No fan of Chase, Mike, but didn't YOU modify the contract when you sent a payment late? Was the rate hike in the original contract that none of us read, or in a modification letter that none of us read?

And, being nosy, why are you carrying ANY credit card debt? High medical, fire, divorce?

Just wondering, thanks.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I hate Chase and it sucks that they bought out my bank (WaMu)

I want to move over to a credit union as soon as I get my severance pay so I can pay off my Chase credit card (formerly WaMy cc) I dont want to give them another dollar from my pocket

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Bank of America did to me as well. Never been late once.....Lowered my credit than said I was to close to maxing the card out! PUNKS!

Reaction
I build homes and develop lots for builders...does that help answer your question???LOL

No, it doesn't but I'm glad to hear you haven't suffered a disaster or ill health.

You raise more questions. Why no line of credit with a bank for development costs to be recouped later?

Or, are you living on credit cause the housing market is so flooded with product?

In any case, I hope you can transfer your Chase balance to a lower interest rate.

Have you tried Chase's retention or mitigation departments?

But don't be surprised if your other CC interest rates climb as well.

Good luck, Mike!

BTW, I know of a 60+ lot plus development sitting idle with motivated sellers, if that can help you reduce your debt.

Offspring

Reaction
I got a letter stating that since my card had zero balance for over 24 months (its actually been more like 48), they were canceling my account and would report it to the credit companies. The interest rates were too high and it started out as a Shell fuel card many years ago, but it was a line of credit for emergencies. F'em, and it better not negatively affect my credit! But you can bet your butt I will still be deluged with bs junk mail from them. If I do the stuff they send will go back in the pre-paid envelope they send. :)

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I got a letter stating that since my card had zero balance for over 24 months (its actually been more like 48), they were canceling my account and would report it to the credit companies. The interest rates were too high and it started out as a Shell fuel card many years ago, but it was a line of credit for emergencies. F'em, and it better not negatively affect my credit! But you can bet your butt I will still be deluged with bs junk mail from them. If I do the stuff they send will go back in the pre-paid envelope they send. :)

Don't let them cancel it that will drop your credit score YOU need to sent them a letter stating that you want it closed this will not effect your credit score.

Reaction
I got a letter stating that since my card had zero balance for over 24 months (its actually been more like 48), they were canceling my account and would report it to the credit companies.

I got that same letter last year for the same reason. I bought a few gallons of gas, made the bank happy, and went back to the card I regularly use. Good Luck!