• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2018

freddy

The "You know the rules, and you haven't got all day." comment from the engineer to Sergio Perez was the highlight of the race. And, of course Verstappens drive from 19th to 5th. He's got some skills, I can see why Ricciardo wanted to leave RedBull. Tense between Hamilton and Bottas after the team orders. I liked how Bottas directly after stepping out of his car went to have a look at Hamiltons tires, presumably looking for signs of blistering. Vettel was the only on smiling on the podium, has he come to terms with the fact that the championship is over for him now?

Bricoop

Another $hlt race, IMO. Mercedes was gutless in their decision. A shame a Finn hasn't won this season.

BTW-Anyone notice Max was slower on new ultrasofts than everyone else was on Softs? How can a 2 compound softer tire be that much slower? WAFJ. Wish they would have put him on Hypers. They must fix the aero and fix the tires or the racing won't improve.

freddy

Regarding Max being slow on ultrasofts, I think they were saving his engine, meaning he was just cruising.

Mercedes decision was logical, like Toto said, it's better to be called a baddie now than an idiot later on. What I didn't like was the charade that Hamilton and Bottas put on after, with Hamilton trying to give Bottas the #1 prize and so on.

freddy

Mercedes looks scary fast in Japan as well. Let's hope for some rain this weekend.

Bricoop

Regarding Max being slow on ultrasofts, I think they were saving his engine, meaning he was just cruising.

Mercedes decision was logical, like Toto said, it's better to be called a baddie now than an idiot later on. What I didn't like was the charade that Hamilton and Bottas put on after, with Hamilton trying to give Bottas the #1 prize and so on.
Merc should have done a last corner switch. You wanna protect your prize so he isn't exposed to coming in 3rd or 4th, fine. But they should have switched back. Toto just took a step down in my book. Not the first time it's happened in the sport, but Ham already had a commanding points lead and the best car in the field(this season).

Merc's upgrades have been substantial. Makes Hamilton's comments from a few weeks (months?) ago all the worse.

I'm in London right now and watched a race with some locals. Raving about Hamilton, shittin' on Vettel. Give me a break. Theyre more similar than they're dissimilar. Hamilton is just a better marketer.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I think if you totally and completely ignore the first two,...tomorrows race for best of the rest could be quite interesting. Looking for battles between Gasley, Grosjean, Ocon as Perez as the likes of Seb and Danny Ric make their way forward. Plus you have Mag, Sainz and Leclerc with an open tire choice allowing a longer run. Can't wait!

bajaherbie

I am hoping for a turn 1 crash involving P1-4 and Haas getting their first podium finish.

I can dream can't I?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Ferrari gets called out on cheating batteries gets 2nd FIA sensor placed on batteries to ensure they aren’t being overly creative and bingo my boys in red are suddenly very slow. Ugh.