• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2018

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Max is a ding dong. That is all.
Sort of agree and sort of don't. Max should should never have let himself be put in a situation where a back marker could take him out while leading a F1 race. Period! Lewis never seems to get caught out like this. But what in the 'H E double hockey sticks' was Ocon thinking? What a complete whanker. Took out the leader of the race trying to unlap himself? Really? If he is incapable of doing this safely, then he shouldn't do it at all particularly when there was a near zero chance that he would score points anyway. So with this in mind, what was the point of the move. Personally Ocon should have been DQed from the next race. 10 second penalty....pffffft. To me this proves (again) why Ocon doesn't have a ride for 2019. Ok...nuf said. Now I need a nap! haha

freddy

Ocon trying to get a ride at Mercedes for 2020? :) He's not a popular guy in Holland now, that's for sure. I agree Max should have kept out of the situation, but Ocon should never have made it a situation in the first place.

Leclerc certainly delivered in the Sauber this weekend, bad luck for Ericsson at his penultimate F1 race. Leclerc will be fun to see in Ferrari next year.

What's up with Vettel these last few races?

Bricoop

Shame on Ocon for making that a situation that should have never existed.

That said, Max needs to look in the mirror. He made multiple passes with similar positioning as Ocon during the race. Multiple times he missed the corner and if it wasn't for the defensive driving of other racers, Max would never have seen the lead in that race.

Seems to me that Max was at fault. Other than completely giving up the corner, what more could Ocon have done?

Also-Helmut Marko insinuating that the Jr. Mercedes driver did it for other reasons than trying to get his lap back is absurd.

brad inch

Sort of agree and sort of don't. Max should should never have let himself be put in a situation where a back marker could take him out while leading a F1 race. Period! Lewis never seems to get caught out like this. But what in the 'H E double hockey sticks' was Ocon thinking? What a complete whanker. Took out the leader of the race trying to unlap himself? Really? If he is incapable of doing this safely, then he shouldn't do it at all particularly when there was a near zero chance that he would score points anyway. So with this in mind, what was the point of the move. Personally Ocon should have been DQed from the next race. 10 second penalty....pffffft. To me this proves (again) why Ocon doesn't have a ride for 2019. Ok...nuf said. Now I need a nap! haha
i think they both had their head up there asses,there was no reason for this.

nimrod

KOOK!
I don’t think Max isn’t incredibly talented but he’s young and having trouble seeing the big picture. It doesn’t mean I think he’ll be a ding dong for forever but I do think he’s one now. A fast one but still a ding ding none the less

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I don’t think Max isn’t incredibly talented but he’s young and having trouble seeing the big picture. It doesn’t mean I think he’ll be a ding dong for forever but I do think he’s one now. A fast one but still a ding ding none the less
Still disagree. When you are leading a F1 race you deserve a certain amount of respect from lappers. To call him a 'ding dong' is WAY too harsh. What is the 'big picture' in this case? Max has has had reliability issues this year with a car that is seriously down on power. He was going for the win, not caring about points, championship., as he should have. The FACT is that he 'owned' the Mercs, and was set to win the Brazilian GP until some wobbler ruined his race. I have already said....that he shouldn't have put himself in this position but it wasn't 'ding dong.' My 2 pesos!

bajaherbie

Case closed! Max is a ding dong!

Max should have stayed left a bit?

Ocon could have backed off a bit?

Bad racing luck for both of them.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

DeRaRa

IndyCar is coming to COTA next year, it will be interesting to see how the lap times compare to F1.

freddy

I hear they didn't want any laptimes made public after the test they did a couple of weeks ago...could be a hint on where they stand.

freddy

About the Max vs. Ocon situation...if Hamilton was 1s behind Max, should Ocon have acted differently?

nimrod

KOOK!
IndyCar is coming to COTA next year, it will be interesting to see how the lap times compare to F1.
Considering Indy teams probably spend 250 million a year less than the big F1 teams I’d say they’re fast enough. It’s all about the racing anyways. I think Indy has better racing but F1 has for sure improved big time in that area.

Bricoop

Reports are it was about a 10 second difference in race trim.
A-fans won't be able to tell the speed difference.
B-fans won't care once they see the quality of racing Indycar at COTA produces.

I sure hope they don't modify the track.

bajaherbie

Is Fernando Alonso running the full Indycar series next year?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk