• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2019

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Can't wait for the new season. Sad to see Alonso go, but there should be a wicked battle in the mid-field again, plus the intra-team rivalries should be intense and entertaining. With a strong reliable Honda lump, I think Max can enter the sprint for the championship.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Wow! If true that would be great. Tough race to choose to be your first Indycar race, but if he gets some good seat time in the off season, he should be ok.

On another subject, the F1 podcasts, 'Beyond the grid' are amazing and super insightful. Here is a link to the Stefano Domenicali interview. He contrasts Fernando Alonso with Michael Schumacher. Eye opening how highly he thinks of the Spaniard.

harleys dad

the season will be as boring as the last several have been. I watch all the races and ask myself why 1/4 of the way into a race. Sainz I do not think is going to do anything at Mcleren they may want to drop him by the Indy 500 lol for lack of performance weather its the car or not. If Alonso could only run in the back with it what do you think both those kids are going to do. Seams like a no brainer

Bricoop

There’s a few CSJ fans around here. Yes, I expect mclaren to struggle, but I think he’s better than vandoorne. RB engine change could make things interesting. And a young gun in the 2nd Ferrari will be fun to follow. Merc to be the favorite again.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
F1 is a low scoring sport like Soccer and baseball. It is all about the nuances. If you want high scoring sport, then Nascrap or basketball are likely more to please. I think that 2019 is going to be another phenomenal F1 year. Now with RB back in the mix, amazing intra-team rivalries, new young guns...plus another brutal fight for the mid-field, we have a wonderfully entertaining F1 cocktail brewing. The revised 2019 cars should make following much easier and improve the slingshot move for more passing aka passing. Bring it!

EOR1488

Yeah I really enjoyed the last few seasons. Especially last year until Mid-Year it really looked like a championship battle was going down. RedBull coming around more is great but just wonder if they are keeping there goal at winning the same 3-4 races they do every year or really think they have a good shot.

Mid field should be awesome but I suspect Haas to be in a little more of a battle. I think they either over performed or some of the other teams under performed last year. I expect Renault and Force India to be above them for sure and maybe one other team.

Bricoop

Yeah I really enjoyed the last few seasons. Especially last year until Mid-Year it really looked like a championship battle was going down. RedBull coming around more is great but just wonder if they are keeping there goal at winning the same 3-4 races they do every year or really think they have a good shot.

Mid field should be awesome but I suspect Haas to be in a little more of a battle. I think they either over performed or some of the other teams under performed last year. I expect Renault and Force India to be above them for sure and maybe one other team.
I think HAAS and Sauber (Alfa Romero) gains were largely attributable to having Ferrari engines.

jon coleman

f one needs v 10's& 12's again.i watched the future last year, ' formula E' aaaaaaaaaagggg, i was board stiff!, caught my self making eng noises, also need characters like nigel mansel back in f1. i think thats about the era i quit gettin up at 4am to watch live f1on speed vision.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
The car looks terrific in black. Plus the cash infusion from the energy drink company should allow them to do more mid season development. Strong move all around. Not a super big fan of their two drivers, but I do believe the continuity and experience is a plus. But WTF is up with Guenther Steiner's new 'do?' He look like he should be in a turtle neck sweater playing in a '60's folk band. jajaja

freddy

Great to see the cars running for the first time today. Except Williams of course, that's not a good sign being one day late with the car (assuming they run tomorrow). I know we shouldn't read anything from the times, but an impressive start from Ferrari with Vettel topping the charts and doing 169 laps. Could the time from Sainz in second be real pace or was it a qualifying lap to get some headlines? Interesting to see both Mercedes and Renault drivers being separated only by thousandths of a second, probably running according to a plan to collect important data, not chasing outright lap times.

freddy

The general consensus seems to be that Ferrari is on top after one week of testing. I still think that Mercedes is sandbagging and we'll probably see some more speed from them next week. I don't think Honda has had any major issues with either RedBull or ToroRosso, hoping that they will be able to compete withe the other manufacturers this year. Will the front wing concept of Alfa Romeo catch on with the other teams? Next week will be interesting.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Lots of sandbagging going on, but I agree that the big three look good and appear to be completing their programs successfully. Odd that Racing Point India came out with a 'vanilla' car (their words) and are going to be putting on the real bits during FP1 in Australia. Also William and Haas appear to be on their back food not completing nearly as many laps as they need to. Thankfully both have proven and powerful PU packages.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I think LeClerc is the real deal. He is very young and will likely make mistakes, but he could give Seb and Merc fits. If the Honder finally runs, Max could also be in the mix in a big way. Can't wait!