• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2019

freddy

Ferrari had a big setback today with Vettels crash. Still no headline times from the top teams, we'll see what the two last days will show. If you looked closely at the Sauber today you could see some fins right above the top wishbones, a friend of a friend designed those, kind of cool I think. :)

freddy

Less than a week to go now for the first race of the season, and I'm sitting here wondering why I'm not on a plane to Melbourne, to visit a friend who just moved there? There's always next year...

Netflix new series about the F1 season last year seems promising, I've only watched episode one yet but I thought it was good. As I understand it they will make something similar about 2019 season also. Always good with some more insights, the Haas pit stop drama is covered in episode 1, suffered with them after watching that.

So, what's everyone's thoughts for 2019? Is Ferrari on top right now and will they stay there? Will Mercedes (and Hamilton) once again prove to hard to beat? And will RedBull Honda be able to put up a fight? And what about the midfield (everyone else but Williams), who will be the strongest there?

About Williams, read Peter Windsors take on the situation, he's not kind: Racers Edge - Williams Now by Peter Windsor

Bricoop

Happy Formula 1 is Back Week! So who does everyone like?

Most improved team (total points)
Most regressed team (total points)
Most improved driver (total points)-No picking Leclerc or Gasly
Most regressed driver (total points)-No picking Kimi
Unlikely race winner
Favorite who won't win a race
Best of the rest?
Will Red Bull improve or regress?
WDC?
WCC?

freddy

Most improved team (total points) - ToroRosso
Most regressed team (total points) - RacingPoint (If we count all points that the team took under both names in 2018)
Most improved driver (total points) - Magnussen
Most regressed driver (total points) - Ricciardo
Unlikely race winner - Perez
Favorite who won't win a race - Bottas
Best of the rest? -
Will Red Bull improve or regress? - Improve
WDC? - Vettel
WCC? - Mercedes

Happy Formula 1 is Back Week! So who does everyone like?

Most improved team (total points)
Most regressed team (total points)
Most improved driver (total points)-No picking Leclerc or Gasly
Most regressed driver (total points)-No picking Kimi
Unlikely race winner
Favorite who won't win a race
Best of the rest?
Will Red Bull improve or regress?
WDC?
WCC?

Bricoop

Most improved team (total points) - ToroRosso
Most regressed team (total points) - RacingPoint (If we count all points that the team took under both names in 2018)
Most improved driver (total points) - Magnussen
Most regressed driver (total points) - Ricciardo
Unlikely race winner - Perez
Favorite who won't win a race - Bottas
Best of the rest? -
Will Red Bull improve or regress? - Improve
WDC? - Vettel
WCC? - Mercedes
Whoa, a different constructor and driver combo.

EOR1488

Well looks like qualifying showed us Merc is out on there own level again. Also though the midfield battle should be exciting all year. Looks like that’s what’s going to be interesting this year from the looks of it Haas has some pace just like last year

Bricoop

It kinda looks like Ferrari may have to use team orders to keep Vettel in front of Le Clerc.
I was thinking about that. If they knew they had a car issue, is it ok to tell the other teammate, "Hold up"? I'm not a fan of team orders, but in this instance maybe it is ok.

BTW-why not let Leclerc come in for some fresh softs and get that extra point? He had the next car cleared by a country mile. I really enjoyed hearing how much the fastest lap point meant to the drivers.

freddy

Melbourne is somewhat of a special track, so I think we have to wait until we draw any conclusions for the whole season. But, Mercedes looks strong, that goes without saying. Really good for Bottas to come back strong after a difficult 2018 season. I for sure didn't see that coming. :)

Fifty

If Stroll keeps beating Perez, people are going to have to eat crow.... i dont think Perez will keep his seat at RP next year. However that $15m a year that Telemex pays to whoever he drives for will be a guaranteed ride with someone.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
If Stroll keeps beating Perez, people are going to have to eat crow.... i dont think Perez will keep his seat at RP next year. However that $15m a year that Telemex pays to whoever he drives for will be a guaranteed ride with someone.
Williams?