• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2019

Fifty

Probably, i don’t think Poland will continue funneling money for Kubica. Williams will need a different cash infusion.

Fifty

Rumor is that Vettel slowed down after the start to save pu stress for the rest of the race and the last few laps of challenges. That the agreement was whoever was in front after lap 1 would not be “challenged”. And that Leclerc “multi 21’d” the multi 21 founder.

EOR1488

What a Race for sure. That was one of the more dramatic races I have seen in a while. Heart breaker for Leclerc. Renault came on really strong too. Obviously they have struggled with reliability again but the pace they had was impressive to say the least. No clue what happened to Haas KMAG looked like he was dragging around a parachute the whole race. Just couldnt get out of peoples way fast enough.

nimrod

KOOK!
I’m so stoked on how well both my teams did, Haas and Ferrari...........
I’m giddy just thinking about it.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
FP1 starts in a few minutes! Can't wait! Working pit lane for the LBGP this weekend so qualifying and the race will be 'delayed' for me. Haha.

Fifty

If you watch the Sainz on board, it becomes apparent that Kvyat got done dirty.

Also Leclerc disobeyed orders for a few laps and then when he did, he immediately started saying he was faster while Vettel was still pulling away and before he had his lock ups. I’m willing to bet that’s why Binotto “punished him”...Er... I mean kept him out to back Bottas up.

I have no doubt Leclerc is fast. But Ferrari cares as much if not more about the manufacturers championship as they do about the more popular drivers championship. They said they would make him #1 but he has to follow orders and be a team player. Kimi and Vettel played so nice together they are not used to Leclerc believing his own press

CodyParkhouse

It was a right turn. Sainz was on the outside and turning right to not go off track. Kvyat got and the gas too hard, started to spin and turned left (in a right turn) to correct and ran into Sainz. The contact turned Kyvat more left and he also collected Norris. It was all on Kyvat.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Kvyat is a decent driver but not that great of a 'racer' IMO. He has ruined many a driver's day as has Grosjean. I thought China was not a good race at all. Boring! I absolutely LOVE F1 but the Merc parade thingy sucks. I love it when we have multiple teams mixing it up in the top six not just three. Hopefully the new rules (Formula) that Ross is concocting will bring this much needed change. My 2 pesos...now I need a nap! Haha

TheWarWagon

Kvyat is a decent driver but not that great of a 'racer' IMO. He has ruined many a driver's day as has Grosjean. I thought China was not a good race at all. Boring! I absolutely LOVE F1 but the Merc parade thingy sucks. I love it when we have multiple teams mixing it up in the top six not just three. Hopefully the new rules (Formula) that Ross is concocting will bring this much needed change. My 2 pesos...now I need a nap! Haha
The Silver Arrow parade was basically just Mercedes letting everyone know they're in control of F1. Sucks, because I can't stand Hamilton.

Fifty

At least Hamilton has become a little more palletable than 2 years ago. That was his worst and when I stopped being a fan of his.

It was as if he and Vettel did a personality swap in 2016/17... vettel became a nice guy who seemed real and Hamilton became a fake cheesy jerk.

Does it matter? Well...no and yes. It’s a sport but it’s also a drama... If everyone in the sport is a self entitled condescending jerk, (football and basketball... and sadly now baseball) then viewership goes down regardless of the sporting events are good.

Bricoop

At least Hamilton has become a little more palletable than 2 years ago. That was his worst and when I stopped being a fan of his.

It was as if he and Vettel did a personality swap in 2016/17... vettel became a nice guy who seemed real and Hamilton became a fake cheesy jerk.

Does it matter? Well...no and yes. It’s a sport but it’s also a drama... If everyone in the sport is a self entitled condescending jerk, (football and basketball... and sadly now baseball) then viewership goes down regardless of the sporting events are good.
Completely agree. Hamilton has matured a lot in the last 2 years. Still far from the guy I root for. Would love to see Bottas as the WDC, if it has to be a Merc.

TheWarWagon

Lew can drive, but his whole isolating himself from other drivers thing reeks of arrogance. He's like this generation's Prost, or even Coulthard.

nimrod

KOOK!
Once again Ferrari grasping defeat out of the jaws of victory. I can only hope they stop taking stupid pills when the green flag drops.

DynoGuy

Once again Ferrari grasping defeat out of the jaws of victory. I can only hope they stop taking stupid pills when the green flag drops.
Well looks like Big Red took a double dose of stupid pills today. Not sure why they let Lec go so long on the mediums.

bajaherbie

Ugly race for Haas. No points, Grosjean hasn't scored a point this season. He may be out at the end of the season.

Poor Daniel Riccicardo, I bet he feels like a dunce.