• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2019

Fifty

And bringing back refueling so cars will be built different and not be as cookie cutter.

What will be up for debate is ground effect vs wings. If they allow ground effects back they will definitely get rid or seriously scale back wing size.

The sad thing about that is, the first accident caused by a vehicle apexing a curb and loosing vacuum, it will crash. Then the knee jerk reaction by the GPDA etc will call for the elimination of ground effects and there will be no wings so the cars will slow waaaay down.

Oh wait, we already went through that care of Max Mosley and Mr stewert... I mean sir stewert.

I wish they would allow 145 L per race, and you have open rules for the engine. No hybrid. Allow refueling. No traction control or electronic suspension, and build a box around a certain size and say unlimited aero in those boxes. Minimum weight including driver.

Bricoop

And bringing back refueling so cars will be built different and not be as cookie cutter.

What will be up for debate is ground effect vs wings. If they allow ground effects back they will definitely get rid or seriously scale back wing size.

The sad thing about that is, the first accident caused by a vehicle apexing a curb and loosing vacuum, it will crash. Then the knee jerk reaction by the GPDA etc will call for the elimination of ground effects and there will be no wings so the cars will slow waaaay down.

Oh wait, we already went through that care of Max Mosley and Mr stewert... I mean sir stewert.

I wish they would allow 145 L per race, and you have open rules for the engine. No hybrid. Allow refueling. No traction control or electronic suspension, and build a box around a certain size and say unlimited aero in those boxes. Minimum weight including driver.
They've already done away with traction control.

Allowing unlimited anything will make racing worse. 1 team will figure it out first and dominate until the others figure it out. Merc won all but 3 races in 2014 and 2015, all but 2 races in 2016. That parade sucked.

Fifty

Exactly. Cookie cutter rules suck.

A v8 making straightline only pace vs a turbo v4 making cornering pace... long wheel base vs short... variety is the spice of life.

Getting rid of the $14million per power unit hybrid set up will free a ton of money. Allow for development again.

When you have a power unit that costs between $250k and $500k you get to hire some pretty smart folks and make a lot of carbon fiber and that new plastic crap that’s stronger than steel and lighter than fiber carbon/Kevlar

Bricoop

Are there any true unlimited pavement racing series? Not time trials like Pike's Peak, but true door-to-door racing. The quality of racing would probably be ****, but damn It'd be cool to see what a factory team could do with no rules.

Fifty

Motorcycles is about it now. Sadly the calls for drivers championships have just about ruined every series that allowed engineers to make better cars than their competitor.

Just about every major manufacturer wasnts a spec series or a series that adds weight or reduces tire or hp on winning cars so no one gets absolutely trampled and looks like crap....

Bricoop

Motorcycles is about it now. Sadly the calls for drivers championships have just about ruined every series that allowed engineers to make better cars than their competitor.

Just about every major manufacturer wasnts a spec series or a series that adds weight or reduces tire or hp on winning cars so no one gets absolutely trampled and looks like crap....
Agreed. An open rules concept with handicapping would be interesting to see.

bajaherbie

I have been reading that Romain Grosjean may be replaced by Estban Ocon, who drove for Force India before Daddy Stoll bought the team for his son...

Also is Rich Energy still going to be on the Haas car? Supposedly no $$$ has been paid to the team.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Probably too expensive to change all of your teams kit even though Rich bailed. I would love to see Ocon replace Grosjean.

harleys dad

if grojean could keep himself together he would wipe the floor with ocon. There is absolutely nothing special about ocon in my opinion Grojean could be great if the car let him and didnt make dumb mistakes

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
...heavy on the....'and didn't make dumb mistakes.' ^^^^^^
He makes a lot of them...and runs into his teammate...and whines a lot (French thing)...but he is undoubtedly quick.

bajaherbie

Exciting race from start to finish. They need to add water sprinklers to all of the tracks on the F1 circuit!

Will the Torpedo ( Danill Kvyat) replace P. Gasley at Red Bull Racing before the season is over?

Fifty

I am sick of the driver of the day votes. The only people voting are the Dutch.

Kvyat or vettel should have gotten it. Verstappen officially lost his “king of the wet” status. He was very very lucky on strategy.

Bricoop

Incredible race. Good for the small teams using their brains (and balls) out there.

Incredible so many guys screwed up that last corner. A bit surprised Hamilton didn't get a penalty for his crash under caution. Should have been going much slower, could have been much worse.

Fifty

The Hamilton lack of penalty and the leclerc lack of penalty were very odd.

Especially since when Hamilton hit the wall, leclerc was still on foot by the car.
Then every other unsafe release with contact ( the Haas front wing touched), the driver was given at least a 5 second stop and go.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
They did give LH a 5 sec penalty and he served it in a pit stop.

The Hass boys lol they have some sort of magnet system or what