• Forum membership has its advantages....

F1 2019

Fifty

They gave him the 5 second for missing the bollard. Not unsafe driving in a double yellow and crashing next to the Ferrari where leclerc was walking.

They clout them as the best drivers in the world, but don’t penalize when they don’t use those skills and it puts someone at risk

Bricoop

They gave him the 5 second for missing the bollard. Not unsafe driving in a double yellow and crashing next to the Ferrari where leclerc was walking.

They clout them as the best drivers in the world, but don’t penalize when they don’t use those skills and it puts someone at risk
The FIA is totally political. Dakar, F1, Tour de France. If they weren't political, they wouldn't have waited to make the call on the Leclerc/Max incident a few weeks ago.

bajaherbie

Silly season has started.

Breaking news... Gasly is trading seats with Albon!

Fifty

That is two reporters from the same Spanish press outlet with that rumor.
Horner and Marko have both scoffed and denied it. They also gave reasons as to why it’s not true (his Honda relationship being number 1, but also his history of destroying team morale and causing drama being 2)

I think it’s all bs just like his “Mercedes and Ferrari” having begged him to come and drive for them. Toto came out and said both the Hamilton vs Alonso history plus his attitude are reasons they would never and have never offered him a seat. Ferrari said they don’t want him back because of his destruction of team morale.

As a matter of fact, last year, every team boss was asked if they would hire him and the only boss who said they would take him was his business partner Zak brown. Every other team boss said no, he causes too many problems and doesn’t return the goods.

Good thing brown and Alonso are so heavily invested in Motorsport media or I think they would both be black listed after the Honda/McLaren and McLaren/Indy issues.

Fifty

Lando was a bad luck deal for sure. It seemed a lot of real hard charger drivers got done in by bad tactics.
If only the race was 8 laps longer!
Ah well,

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Albon did a great job! Actually Gasley did ok...considering. I was bummed that Sainz went out so early as he would likely have been in the mid pack fray as well. Super stoked Leclerc got his first win...finally. Seems like he has Seb's number.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
FP1 and FP2 done
Maybe another wild rainy race day!

Fifty

How did the stewards penalize a driver for cutting that corner but not penalize leclerc?
And that was after giving him the warning for moving under braking...
And then giving him a warning for pushing Hamilton into the grass?

There were some serious oddities in that race. Plus I think that leclerc screwing vettel during q3 was the nail in the coffin for vettel. He is going to do F all for the rest of the season and will start his contract negotiation with Red Bull. Maybe even a toro Rosso retirement like Kimi at Sauber/Alfa.

Rough gig for Sainz... too bad.

Verstappen needs to realize that the kids in the back drive with their elbows out... and you have to use your brakes at the first corner.

I think Grosjean got the news on Saturday that he is not being resigned by haas. Hulkenberg drove unusually well for him... and Grosjean drove unusually poor for him

brad inch

leclere did a great job,the haas guys should have to wear fire suits that look like clown suits.maybe haas should just stick with nascar,they are not getting any better.

Bricoop

Based on where Hamilton was before the missed corner and then after it, it'd be hard to claim Leclerc gained an advantage.

Q3 was insane, I was curious if they purposefully went that slow, but then I rewatched the replay. The Ferraris weren't in the lead most of the outlap.

Fifty

Anyone watch the Teds notebook? Did you catch the part about Binotto and leclerc and the on purpose “no tow”?
I double down on my Vettel is ready to leave Ferrari and stopped trying after the second race. After Ferrari tried to punish leclerc with the refusal to let him box because he refused to follow orders and the game plans.

bajaherbie

Haas dumps Rich Energy sponsor effective immediately!

Probably hadn't received much $$$ lately is my guess.

Fifty

I heard they received the money but the new "owners" or rather stock holders reps said they didnt want the expenditure until the growth of the company equalled the advertising expenditure.

Im still not convinced that its not a front company like was so often in the 70's and 80's