F1 2020

bajaherbie

How about them Haas cars? Finished 12 & 13th, probably felt like a win!

I read that their front brake cooling was inadequate in the first race, but they had a different system on for the second race .

bajaherbie

I read that their front brake cooling was inadequate in the first race, but they had a different system on for the second race .

bajaherbie

F1 skips North America!

No races at Mexico, Austin, Texas and Canada. Three events added, Imola, Portugal and Nurburgring.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Wow...Silverstone last lap was wild. Sucks for Sainz who was poised for a 4th until his tire went 'kablammo.'

bajaherbie

Wow, what a finish! I was standing in front of my TV yelling for Max to catch him!

nimrod

KOOK!
Beginning with the Nikki Lauda days I’ve been a part of the tifosi. I’m so disappointed in how they’re tresting Seb. I’m on the Redbull band wagon now. Ferrari is a mess.

nimrod

KOOK!
Is Haas completely mailing it in? Did they cut their budget to get last decades ferrari parts or are they simply not getting the cheater tune?

brad inch

it makes me sad to see them run so bad,hope they find something soon.not sure if new drivers would help anymore.

nimrod

KOOK!
Haas signed the new agreement so they’re committed for 5 years. Whatever that means.

bajaherbie

Checo Perez not returning to Racing Point in 2021!

Hopefully he gets picked up by a good team. His replacement? Nothing official but rumors of Vettel in the seat.

Will Lance $toll remain in the other car? My guess is yes but Sergio is the better driver.

Bricoop

Checo Perez not returning to Racing Point in 2021!

Hopefully he gets picked up by a good team. His replacement? Nothing official but rumors of Vettel in the seat.

Will Lance $toll remain in the other car? My guess is yes but Sergio is the better driver.
Lol, his dad owns the team. Of course he'll be back. Checo got his seat because of the sponsorship he brought with it. Checo is very talented. I imagine seb will be used to develop the car, like kimi. Now that I think about it, Seb should out perform the Ferrari's next year. They've said they won't be competitive until '22.

I hope Williams can follow Force India's lead and turn it around next season.

Amazing mid-field battle. If Merc didn't have them covered by a country mile, the winner could change every week. I still believe Merc has been holding something back for years. I still believe they more in the tank.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Yes the midfield is amazing this year. Hoping HAAS makes at least one driver swap next year. Don't really care which one goes...just need some fresh blood. It will be an interesting battle next year with Sainz versus Chuck LeClerc. I also think that Danny Ric will have his hands full with Nando Lorris...as he is known. Either way the two of them will be absolutely hilarious together. George Russell is really coming along and I am guessing that he will get the Bottas seat in 2022. I was bummed that American Logan Seargent had a tough weekend in Mugello and threw away his chance at a F3 championship. He is really our only current hope for an American F1 driver for the immediate future. Guessing that he will be back in F3 next year, but hoping a good team picks him up in F2.

Fifty

Sadly The predictions are coming true. At least finally the media has switched their push away from overly expensive hybrids and back to “ICE” only formula.
They are even hinting that they would support not waiting until 2026 for the formula change.

honda dropping, merc about to drop and sell, Renault starting the first step to selling...
I think the Ferrari boss to become the liberty media f1 boss was as much about ensuring Ferrari stays (and alfa) as it is about him being a good choice.

I think the biggest question will be what merc does at the end of the year. Hamilton will follow Toto or justfocus on his new race series like Rosberg did.

ttwo outfits with cash thatdon’t want to pay the $200m penalty to add new teams to the grid would buy merc and RB.
Toro rosso... alpha tauri would stick around because they would not be associated with Red Bull’s 51% Thai owners. And probably go back to Ferrari engines.

the Fia/liberty need to change the power unit formula starting 2022 to ICE only and have it based on consumption or go E85 like nascar.

they can claim environmentally friendly, make noise and have street relevance... get vw and possibly others

Fifty

Red Bull calling for an engine freeze or pulling both teams. Ferrari said no way... and they still have veto power.

so looks like if rb doesn’t get a Ferrari power plant.... or a Renault... then they are done.

I only see Renault staying if they podium in 3 more races this season. Otherwise it’s 3 card Monte until they leave.

2026 it’s a 1.6 v6 running 100% bio fuel or ethonol or some other such expensive or worse yet for the ice manufacturer, a spec fuel... and the capped electronic power unit.

the hybrid systems aren’t really expanding tech wise. Some tech is coming from FE but since that is a spec series not really. They aren’t gaining much intel from the PU. And at $15m to $18m per power unit that’s rediculous.