F1 2021

Fifty

Reaction
Kind of figured this would have been started already. But Bahrain testing has already started. I’m trying to find full coverage but can only find 15 min snippets.
Merc having gearbox problems, and reportedly not giving their customer teams full power...
I wish they would do a sprint race or 50% regular race in the end of preseason testing. Not so much to out the sand bagging, but there are so many driver changes that it’s really going to out the hyped up and the under appreciated drivers.

I don’t want to wait for the first race to find out lol. I’ve got zero patience...

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
Cant wait to see Checo and Max battling it out VS Merc!!

Fifty

Reaction
Yea. If checo doesn’t have a full year of success, ill bet albon will be back in the seat.

problem for Perez is, he doesn’t have any excuses now. Gasley and albon had “new to F1 pressure” excuses...

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
Finally some good racing this weekend!
BS call on Max coulda/shoulda/woulda given him that spot back at a later section on track but o well.

Fifty

Reaction

I foresee a lot of “it’s the cars fault” again. If this had been a wrapper for real, the pics would be all over the web. Let alone a stop, it being pulled while a tire change performed as has been seen so often.

Renault... aka Alpine took the alonso deal to keep them in F1. FOM pays alonso salary and bonus and Renault keeps in F1.

I think Renault like Honda will regret having him as a driver.

Fifty

Reaction
Great race. Norris, Alonso, Sainz and Perez really impressed. MazaSPIN...not so much.
The only saving grace mazispin has is that MSC spun exactly same place for the exact reason.

the haas suffered removed the rear downforce like everyone else from the famous “wedge of cheese” being removed.

so if it cost Aston Martin 1 second a lap, imagine what it cost haas who did zero and I mean zero 2021 updates.
All they did was chop the floor and move some strakes inward.
They spent they cfd allotted time on 2022 car.

so that car probabky has less lateral traction than an f3 car, but twice the torque.

hopefully we will see them both readjust for next race. There is also a rumor that haas is flirting with Renault. If they become a Renault 2nd team, then maybe they can get some aero advise.

worst thing haas did was let kmag steer the development in 2019... it was the slide of the team causing the 2020 disaster.

call Grosjean crashjean or what ever, he could develop a car. And it’s why the chassis hit above its weight in the earlier years.

bajaherbie

Reaction
Fifty, what are your thoughts on Gene Haas selling the race team to The Russians?(lol) I mean Mr Mazipin.

I'm American, and have followed from day one, I hope RG has some luck in Indycars!
grosjean-romain-crash-201129-1180.jpg

Fifty

Reaction
He has wanted to sell since last year . When England and then Califonria and blah blah said no more gas cars after 2028...

what’s the point of F1? It’s going to be more and more a manufacturer only event. And a hybrid soon to be electric only event.

I think he wants to get out before the $200m fee to start a new team gets tossed and sell to mazipin or volks Audi Porsche.

simce mazapin wanted force India and is willing to buy, I bet he is waiting for a manufacturer to go in with.
Hence haas trying to get in bed with Renault. Anyone but Ferrari since Ferrari already has sauber.

even if haas is making a few bucks after all is said and done. You still need to realize ego.
Gene haas would have been real happy with consistent 3-6 race results. But at the 12-20 always... his ego can’t accept it.

bajaherbie

Reaction
How about that Sergio Perez!

Good to see Hamilton finally make a mistake!

Fifty

Reaction
I’m glad to see other drivers get on the podium. Even if it was due to attrition and the mistake on the restart.

one could argue that’s part of the racing. But... on the other hand, like Germany in the wet with everyone crashing and it was who ever was left.

I think with torro rosso I mean alpha Tauri, Honda is going to stop demanding so much Tsunodo gets a drive. I am willing to bet the Thai owners get albon back into the seat.

it’s the worst secret that gasley burned Marko and will never be in a RB again.

but sponsors will invest more money since the points haul which means more mid season development which means a better car. So I bet gasly will have more podiums coming.

glad to see seb, there were a few moments where he was actually driving and not just letting tactics make his placement. It’s making me change my mind about the upcoming spring races.

I feel bad for bottas. He is getting the short end of the stick from merc. I wish they would just put him back into williams and let him help Develop that car and maybe next year williams could be fighting for 6th place finishes.
it’s the one reason russel hasn’t been called. He apparently can’t help develop the car very well. It’s the one reason Grosjean was held on so long. He was really good and helping develop the car. The 1.5 yrs they decided to let kmag develop the car and build them toward his direction, they slid from a 5th place car to a sub 16

Fifty

Reaction
Bottas russel switch at silverstone? What’s everyone think?

albon back to alpha tauri after summer break if tsunoda doesn’t pick up (problem is albon is actually doing too good a job in the simulator and working with the design staff. They really won’t want to loose him there either)

Bricoop

Reaction
I think Bottas should be thankful for the past 5+ years. Up until this year, Merc was a clear standout. 1-2 & 1/3 finishes weren't that challenging for them. Merc seemed happy with this setup. Now that they have lost that advantage, it seems they need someone closer to Hamilton's capabilities. A mid-season change is a gut punch for sure but probably the right move as Perez seems to be adjusting to the Red Bull.