F1 2021

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I hope Seb and Danny Ric have a great race. Pretty stoked to see Mick make Q2 even if he threw it away. I have no idea how he got that boat anchor into Q2.

Jessaca

Reaction
Website
www.wickedracingca.com
good race. So glad to finally see some racing and not just the Hamilton show. Nice to hear Bottas grow some balls.

Some points for Alonso. Could he finally be getting some cob webs worked out?

Fifty

Reaction
I feel bad for bottas. I think this is the race where he has decided to leave.

Perez seems to be the first team mate than Verstappen gets along with. If you look at their comraderie... they both seem to really like and respect each other. Sorry albon.

as for alonso... if you got rid of the mass damper, his scandals, and he getting priority tactics and singular deployment of new parts... would he have won anything? Alpine is his first contract since his second year the first time at Renault that he does not have the strategy and parts priority in his contract.
(Judge13 gets a lot of that contract info, go check them out)

I’m thrilled to see some other teams fighting up... I really hope mclaren, aston and alpine start fighting up into the podiums.

squirelmurphy

Reaction
Bottas can’t be happy, his radio transmissions confirmed that. Toto probably didn’t appreciate that either. VB is a dead man walking, he’s just keeping the seat warm for George Russell now.

Fifty

Reaction
Odd that Haas won’t deny that mazepin has a heavier car that his team mate.

starts to bring some weight to the complaints of schumachers team mates and competitors In the junior series.

Fifty

Reaction
Austria part 2...

Anybody wonder why Perez didn’t get black flagged on his second run leclerc off the track, but this time with multiple contacts?

im no Fan of leclerc quite the opposite.
But still, Red Bull having 4 out of 20 cars is not enough for the Fia to play favorites.

anyways, good job to Norris for taking advantage of the other teams focusing on 2022 car development.

I foresee mclaren getting into trouble with exceeding the spending gap.

merc has already tried to steer the Fia into looking at RB for overspending but RB has the motor build exemption.
I think RB is going to bend that exemption as far as possible to develop this car, this or and next years cars.

hence a MV getting his first WDC...

Fifty

Reaction
Is bottas Out out at summer break or just announced he will not be resigned?

Fifty

Reaction
One of my friends who does fantasy league for just about everything talked me into doing F1 fantasy this year. I had no idea what I was doing and just kind of guessed and picked at random. I’m doing horrible

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
Should be a good weekend of racing with the new sprint format on Saturday. I think it will help the midfield guys

Fifty

Reaction
Ok. My take (which no one cares about lol) on the sprint race:

-The first 3 laps were great because of low
Fuel and different tire options.
-after lap 5 it turned into a procession just like a full length race.
-Alonso will never get penalties because F1 management and FIA pay his salary to alpine and need him to look good so his media conglomerate prints nice things about Formula 1
-I agree with Zak Brown (for once): the sprint race is not going to encourage “sprint racing” by anyone who doesn’t have a chance at 1, 2, or 3... so what’s the point of risking a car to go from 12th to 11th or 12th to 19th when it’s a real probability that you will go from 12th to pit lane start with damage.” (Or 7th to 6th or what ever the position the vettel alonso battle did not happen at)
So they should offer points to at least 10th and possibly to 15th... maybe not full points like the race but something.
otherwise there is no reason to risk ICE/hybrid transmission damage/wear and body parts damage. Especially with parce ferme and budget issues.

-I don’t think a reverse order quali-sprint does anyone any good... but maybe do a reverse grid from last race finish or current points standing for the sprint race order. Issue points. And the finish order of the sprint race determines the starting order of the real race.

they said that since it was a sprint race you were going to see mid field getting fastest lap... didn’t happen because mid field was too worried about breaking parts.
when you have team engineers telling drivers to not go for a pass... that’s telling right there.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Have I ever told you guys how much I dislike the hamster. Argh.
Stoked for Vettel then the other shoe dropped. Hopefully they win the appeal

Fifty

Reaction
The reason I dislike him is he is so disingenuous and has the do what I say not what I do lifestyle down pat.

and then this last two races he really cemented his stance of “if you question me you are racist”

as a matter of fact, statements like that are what got flagged and removed as racist.

Fifty

Reaction

Dollars to donuts that Bottas has kept his seat and Russell is either going to another merc engine team or going to do 2022 at Williams...

Fifty

Reaction
Except now Capato is saying russel is going to merc...
Wolff said decisions made but he isn’t saying.

wonder if williams spilled the beans... and if bottas didn’t know....