F1 2022

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Very strange to see micks car come apart like that. Seen much heavier hits into solid barriers and the rear structure stayed attached.

Advertising supports this site

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
Very strange to see micks car come apart like that. Seen much heavier hits into solid barriers and the rear structure stayed attached.
They changed the specs this year and designed that to happen. Basically want to take energy away from the driver. I’ll see if I can find the article.

THE_SCOTTS

RDC Crypto
Mexico's minister of defense wins big this weekend.

Leclerc's chance of redeeming himself from his Monaco curse will have to wait another year. (At least he made it past lap 1 this year)
Saw the inboard footage between Leclerc and his engineer about having him box and then telling him to stay out.
Unlucky for Leclerc.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Ferrari power plants were a hand grenade this weekend.

Poor Sainz can't buy a finish!
The reliability wheel is definitely on the other hub after the way the season started.

Means it could change again. But Verstappen already has 5 wins and suddenly looks really hard to beat.

Then again I thought last season would be a snoozer, too (a non-Mercedes snoozer, finally) and look how that turned out.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
It’s crazy to think about the sponsorship money today. Where points let alone podiums or wins are placed 2nd to having sponsors paying.

For example, name recognition for advertisements being the driving force to have a driver instead of their skill.

Schumacher apparently has preliminary offers for Hamilton spot should he leave early, or if the two majority party stock holders decide he should go.

Also Alonso for alpine. FIA and liberty pushing to have him at alpine, liberty paying his salary. Just to bolster viewership in Spain and Italy. And Ocon just because he has a French name. They would drop him for gasely or leclerc simply because of the French heritage and not because of skill.

Heck, Ferrari trying to buy out Ricciardo contract at 2 different times because his grandma was Italian and they were pushing that in the newspapers. Both times Ricciardo was having a slump. It wasn’t about his skill it was so they could sell off car none race day sponsorships.

Now I know why Jean Todt said that F1 doesn’t need an American driver. The USA is the one market that has robust growth that did not change with an “American” hook… Haas.

Then again, Haas is as much Italian (Dallara and Ferrari) as it is British (Haas buildings in England) as it is American with their token offices here..

Ok… my random thought of the day is over

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
love C-bass, anything for a buck😍

Attachments

• FVebOFRWIAQ9dBX.jpeg
    FVebOFRWIAQ9dBX.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Sebastian-Vettel-768x772.jpg
    Sebastian-Vettel-768x772.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
We’ll here we go. Haas brought a major upgrade to silverstone but only for fp1 and apparently won’t run it this weekend. I’d love to see Lewis lose silverstone but the dude is pure magic there.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
They cant risk Mick wrecking and breaking it. With all the rumors of mick being moved, they want to keep the parts for his replacement (whats his face from Alpine jr team). But he isnt going to ferrari, nor alfa, Honda wants to keep whats his name at Alpha Tauri... Renault has their own kid, so... mclaren?