F1 2022

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Mclaren building a two-seater that both Piestri and Palou can drive at the same time.

Easy to criticize Ferrari's strategy after the fact, but when they put hard tires on Leclerc it was obvious to everyone at that moment that it was a bad idea. Speaks well of Sky's tv coverage that every English tv viewer knew what a bad idea it was because it was very clearly established that other cars on the hards were struggling with pace.

And if Sky can figure that out, so can Ferrari.

I mean, I'm an amateur and I look at that chart of tire stints and it looks to me like Ferrari was just too focused on when they were stopping and not what tires they were using. I understand, it's a tight race, you're worried about overcuts and undercuts... but you can also pass in F1 this year. If your main concern is maintaining track position through your initial changes, you should start on softs.

Ah well. I'm just a guy on the internet. Compelling racing, though.

Last edited:

THE_SCOTTS

RDC Crypto
Aaaaand this is why it’s called silly season.
Booooooom. I just called a buddy asking wtf was going on.
When I hear I’ll update.

View attachment 249712

1659475060785.png

Advertising supports this site

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Haas has suspended contract talks with Mick and Binnotto says Mick has lost a lot of his appeal to the Ferrari program.
Right now there aren’t many seat options, could be bargaining tactics or Mick is about to need a ride somewhere beside F1

Fifty

RDC Crypto
Thought: Alonso jumped on Aston Martin not only for more money and a contract that allows him strategy and parts priority at all races and quali’s (alpine refused this for 2023)…

It also puts him in the Mercedes’ family in case Hamilton quits. It would be his last chance at a wdc. He would need to convince Toto to give him the same “priority” contract he has had for the last decade and a half.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
Schumacher was 43 and drove for Mercedes.

It has as much or more to do with advertising sponsors and off track dollar income as it does points on track. And they still have George to push for a championship