• Forum membership has its advantages....

f100 fiberglass

I am wondering if anyone has bought the trailer products fiberglass. I can't seem to find pictures online. I emailed them and they don't have any pictures of the glass installed. I just picked up 73 f100 that I want to get glass for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Which glass? The 73-79 stuff? If so, bedsides, the 2" flare per side fenders & hood, or the big one piece? I've seen & have pictures of all but the 2" flare fender/hood combo.

Which glass? The 73-79 stuff? If so, bedsides, the 2" flare per side fenders & hood, or the big one piece? I've seen & have pictures of all but the 2" flare fender/hood combo.
Yes, the 73-79 stuff. I had only seen the 2 inch fenders on the website. Could you post the pictures of what you have. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

atomicjoe23

That truck is one of my FAVORITES!!! Every time I see it. . .I want to get started on my '79 SOOOOO bad; the one-piece front end is what I want for my own!

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

In my opinion that front end leaves a LOT to be desired quality & fitment wise. Doesn't do the rest of the truck justice. That's just me though...

atomicjoe23

Is there anything better out there for the '73-79's though???

I have never seen the truck in person. . .only in photo's so my opinion is based on photo's only. . .

mike mcqueen

Well here at Mcqueen Prototype we have already sold at least nine of the fenders for the F100. But unfortunately
none of our buyers put up any pictures of the final product. Therefore next week we will post up some pictures on our Facebook and Instagram page and show you how the design is coming out. These fenders that we are working on are designed to fit a 39 inch tire.

Not a problem. I've got a 70' Ford fetish so I collect all the pics I can of them.

I just wish you guys would made this glass 7-10 years ago. Then I wouldn't have had to waste the $$ on my molds. I wanted to do a hood/fender combo like this but the cost for fender plugs & molds alone broke the bank and the hood woulda doubled that so I went the fender only route. Wish I never spent the time or $$ having mine done at this point.

mike mcqueen

We are a small size team which focuses more on the quality of the parts we make rather than quantity of them. We just got started on these fenders because in the past we had no time on our hands to work on the design for them. So now is the best time for us to get the design done and get it out there.

Got it. I saw a bit of a market for these years ago & I think if I would have come up with something that looks like yours I could have sold quite a few by now, especially over the last few years as these trucks seem to be getting more & more popular. Problem is mine lost something in aesthetics from going with a non "truck" guy & with me not being pushy enough to make him change things I wasn't super happy with looks wise.

And I hear you on quality. I had a non typical (ie. not a regular offroad fiberglass maker) do my molds as I have not been impressed by 90% of the glass I have seen playing with these trucks for the last 20 years. Fit & finish is something that seems to be lacking in most fiberglass for our desert trucks & I wasn't having that with mine. Fitment & overall finish on mine are better than any others I have seen, although I will be fair & say I have not mounted a set of your glass yet, but I have with every other company out there in our industry.